Reviews for interview
Lukertin chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
I think this poem works on a level that is too literal. Good, but far too literal. You should work on taking poetry a step further to the abstract, like finding ways to say "I like bananas" without using the word fruit, dance around concepts, dress them up so that feelings and concepts invade the mind as people would. You do this well in the first four stanzas (the strongest parts of the poem, incidentally) but it doesn't seem to work beyond a romanticization of idealized fantasies-if these ideas were tied together that would make the poem stronger. My biggest criticism is that you talk about being dreamy, then romantic, then dreamy/romantic. Once is enough. Additionally, I think the order of those stanzas is not logical. Being poetic/romantic should be the last of those stanzas, seeing as to how it's the most pertinent and personal question.

The last stanza is great for breaking the fantastical idealizations of the previous stanzas, but it really needs to break out not only thematically but structurally.
fallin4ualwayz chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
P the ending line "i have just the job for you" made me laugh for some reason P this is quite good also... its very creative, the whole idea. and once again, your phrases are beautiful D