Reviews for The Story Game
Nemonus chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
Good. It's very creative and sensual, this tale of the geneticly sculpted baby and the robot. Your prose is creative also in its floweryness, but sometimes it goes overboard so that the art makes it hard to understand what's going on. At the end I had was certain of what the plot was, but the symbolisms and short sentences, as well as some confusing dialogue such as "As real a story.", meshed into a background which was beautiful but didn't mean as much as it felt like it should. Perhaps try to repeat some of the list-sentences or apparent non seuiturs such as "That voice crafted in whimsy, yet sublimely sonorous, a cello, or an ocean, or like his eyes – only like him. The voice that captivated and spiraled her into madness; a circle of trees caught in endless woodland.". The one place where I thought an artsy theme was used very well was the passages about "Mother Artifice". It's excellent that you've crafted such a creative story. Simply refine it a bit.
Alma chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
Beautiful. I absolutely love the way the story is told. The emotion is perfect and the end is wonderfully tragic! Well done!
Andrea Lotte chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
This is so atmospheric, I love it. It confused me a little bit (probably because I don't get all the references) but I did like it a lot. I think it really was the atmosphere and the mystery that caught me. Great job! This is really really good :-)