Reviews for Revolutions
siphoned afterglow chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
Beautiful.

and very captivating. The way you expressed the way you feel is truly amazing. A mix of faint bitterness and dissapoinment and something like hope emerging out of it.

wonderful.

*favorites*
essenceflower chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
I didn't like the format and the way you broke up the sentences/words, but I liked the topic and the way you portrayed it.
Tytherpol chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
my sister told me yesterday that i should get glasses/braces/etc so i would look like a nerd. that way, she said, i would fit in somewhere b/c people would know who i was-a nerd.

i told her i believe i already pretty much am one already, but she said i am not...i'm just smart, she said.

if i had the look, people would see me as a nerd and stop questioning what's up with me. i told her i didn't want to labeled as anything. then i asked her what a revolutionary looks like.

"there isn’t any revolution that wants/me/to be a part of it,/but maybe there’s an uprising, or a river/to cross,..."

-i love this part a lot.

and "eloquently circular and/fingernail thin, like our/assurances have grown." says a lot and sets a great tone.

nice job on this.
review chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
lots of paradoxes, awesome imagery...profound poem overall.

great expression of emotion and separation of stanzas.

creativeness reigns in your poem, and it aint bad at all.
the face in the window chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
"So write this in the/ starlight/ in whatever ink you can find

or create,/ because in the end if anything/ matters it isn’t what lasts but what/ we make of what never will."

You are a breaktaking poet, you know that?

Rowan.
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
konban wa

"because in the end if anything matters, it isn't what lasts but what we make of what never will." - My favorite line(s) of the whole poem. This was an interesting style, one I don't remember seeing before. I liked how you utilized it in that way - the way you broke up the sentences, etc. :)

I was wondering - that line I mentioned - can I add it to my quote book (with credit given to you, of course). I won't unless given permission, but I really hope you say yes. :P

Zaijen