Reviews for MakeBelieve Me
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
I love the idea of a a me make-believe because it's something everyone can relate to and it's interesting. I liked the first stanza a lot too because the descriptions were really beautiful. The rest of it was nice as well.

PS. If you're bored check out the Review Game and/or its Review Marathon (link in my profile)
oxytocin chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
I really liked the imagery all the way through this. I like the idea of being 'wrapped in the letter "A"'. Perhaps some punctuation throughout? Or at least at the end - I think that would make it more punchy.
RavenclawMoose chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
I loved the middle stanza so much. It's a perfect description of how I feel sometimes. It was absolutely fantastic.

RM
Inflaming Kaliope chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
"Sometimes I wish I tasted artistic

Like acrylic paint kisses

Vintage shoes and sundresses

Scarves swirling twirling my hair"

Really, really beautiful. And the final line really tops it off. I like the use of no grammar in the middle verse, it just emphasises your point.

Awesome! There's no possible criticism I could give this poem. I think it is perfect and it is going in my favourites!
the Stranger in the moonlight chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
Of course they do... Its so much easier to deal with make-believe perfection than reality. The lack of grammar in stanza two was great and really hit the point of this poem. Nicely done.

the Stranger in the moonlight
axis.on.a.tilt chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
1. You are amazing.

2. "Everyone likes me make-believe better." I like this line. Your entire poem has that beautiful let's-see-what's-hidden-between-the-words feel that I love.
the face in the window chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
This is a beautiful poem, as always. Nice job.

Rowan.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
There are so many powerful verses and statements in this, and the underlining theme of self (be it ourselves or the self that we show to the world) the whole experience was mesmerizing - for me, it was like walking through me teens again. That struggle to find somekind of truth in what always felt like everyone else's moments. Wonderful job, as always I applaud you. Keep up the good work.

Much love,

Juliet.
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
konban wa

"everyone likes me make-believe better" - Such a forlorn line to end the poem!

... I'm sorry I'm giving such a crappy review for such an outstanding poem, but I'm so exausted right now, and I still have a ton to do. So - gute nacht!

Zaijen