Reviews for Exorcism in Forgetting
Little girl Big world chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
This piece was just wonderful. I'm amazed by some of these lines,

"a joyful girl; a girl unafraid to

find herself scared to death" -I feel like this is describing me!

"sour marrow in her

stunning bones;" &

"the flavory saliva

that she spreads across your teeth," -Very interesting.

The last lines is so heartbreaking and I can relate to those two lines so much right now!

I like your use of parenthesis throughout this. Such raw emotion in your words. Well done!

Adding to my Favorites
anonymous chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
stretching my arms out

to someone who’s hands

are full

a truly amazing few lines
Frail.Wings.Of.Vanity chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
Brings tears to my eyes, I feel rather numb.

Such beauty, raw, raw, hardcore, intense, force-to-see-life-can-sulk beauty.

Nothing can compare.
at the bottom of everything chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
This poem is really beautifully written

the rhythm is irregular but you make it work and it's something easily relateable.

i love it, you have a talent with words, however simple.

keep writing,

chey
Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
Good poem. Good luck with poetry and life. Have a wonderful day.

Twilight Starr
AuraBorealis chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
good work
White Tea and Ginger chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
god, was this ever fabulous. favorites. i'd pick out my favorite lines, but it was all delicious, each and every line was meant to be there.

i just feel like the title doesn't give the imagery of the actual piece justice.
Julius Gillian chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
I have poet's block and I'm on vacation! :(

The first stanza is without doubt a picture of a strong passion that gives off a lot of energy, it makes me feel warm picturing a personal intimate scene of two lovers with their legs locked. And there's that heartache where words are dismissed as meaningless and what you really want to convey is the merit of being close to one another. This feels bitterly lonely and romantically pleasing at once. Romantic in the bodies that are close, but sad in the eyes. That's my picture.

The second line can mean a million things.

'my exorcism of forgetting you' Now how in the world did you come up with that idea? It's so damn powerful. Much more potent than saying my release from you, or using a metaphor like a 'bird in a cage'. Exorcism! What a succinct and brilliant move you pulled here.

'it’s lack of commercialism.

It’s lack of predictability,'

Fuck the media, get down with genuine happiness.

'and we are nothing but

well-twined verses; the two'

I picture two turtle dovers kissing .

'that, yes (sir) I do

love (you) when you’re here

in this space, making me feel

alive'

When I read this without the () it seems impersonal, and just the opposite with it. Love that.

'And age is such a powerful

pause; maturity, my high heels,

hair cuts, each unnoticed

gesture just another slash;'

And age is such a powerful pause? *looks up the word pause*. Hmm... are you saying this to make me capture a picture of the things you mention after the semi-colon? Trying to take this literally, because I'm at loss of what to think figuratively :P

'You and I, nothing, if not

good friends.'

The last stanza's weight kind of rubs off on this and it gives me a good feeling.

Juliet, this was a masterful piece. I touched lightly on it with this review, I didn't even crack the ice of everything. I wish I could tell you in emotions what I think of your piece than with these silly confined utterances we call words. You're beautiful Juliet. If there were to be a recording of the most prominent poets of the 21st century, you should be one of the first to enter into that book. I hope someday I come close to what you achieve today.

For now I got to pay attention to my work and somehow get over this poet's block!

Congratulations,

- Julian
Ashelin chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
Those last three stanzas were just...wow. "sour marrow in her/stunning bones;" I adore your poetry so much. It's odd to find you even commenting on mine when I look at the words you are able to put together into...all I can do is wave my hands in exasperation, hoping you understand that there is art, and then there is art. The difference between what makes a two-year olds fingerpaint picture and a Picaso masterpiece. I am the toddler, you are the genius. Don't forget that.

I'd pick Washington over Cali any day.

As Always

Ashelin
Kavita Najim chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
This is the poem I've spent weeks trying to write. It is absolutely wonderful.

Best of luck,