Reviews for Opposite Ends of The Spectrum
Guest chapter 5 . 4/10
Type your review for this chapter here...
regbaby chapter 1 . 3/11
Hi
I'm pleased to contact you after viewing your
profile, I would like to share something important with you if pleased do get back to me immediately at
my private box () for a proper introduction for i have a limited time now
I will be waiting to hear from you soon.
Regina chapter 1 . 3/6
Hello my name is Regina i have something importact to share with you please contact me here () for a proper introduction Thanks i'm waiting
PoshKimberlee chapter 8 . 2/15
This story is so annoying ; Aaron is SOO annoying . Why was she following valentine everywhere he went & let him disrespect her and she almost got raped and wasn't going to do anything. And her dumb ass bother don't care bout her and she don't get it . She
Has no fucking back bone . I'm frustrated idont even know if im going to finish reading.
Xx.WildAtHeart.xX chapter 30 . 1/14
Wow. Wow. Wow.
Absolutely amazing! You should publish this, God, that is THE best story I've read on FictionPress. So damn realistic.
.WOW.
I actually don't know what to say.
SO GOOD. :)
Carolina Martinez chapter 28 . 1/10
Aw, Cameron's so cute! :P
Carolina Martinez chapter 5 . 1/9
Aaron is an amazing character, honestly... Valentine's cruelty is so... I can't really describe it, but I nearly cried. Aaron is just really raw and real and strong. I don't get how she doesn't (this sounds weird) even consider cutting herself or killing herself, what with her brother and her mother and all of that. Anyway, just wanted to say that I already love this story... :)
Rebes chapter 30 . 1/7
This was more drama then I could even imagine. I usually can't stand drama, but I absolutely loved this story. It sucked me in and swallowed me. I've really enjoyed it. Thank you for putting so much thought and time into it. :D

Rebes
toujoursmoi chapter 30 . 1/5
Hey Alex!

I'm not sure whether you still read your reviews or not because it seems like it's been a long time since you've been on this site but I thought I'd send one anyway because I think it would be selfish and ridiculous not to when this story has been...I don't even have the words for it. It's made me laugh and cry and cover my mouth in shock and squeal and swoon over and pump my fist in the air excitement and made me get butterflies in my stomach and everything in between. In a (big) nutshell it's basically a everything you can ask for in a story. It's every bit as real within the emotions it invokes despite the unbelievable drama and made up fiction of it. I loved it. Honestly, I think it's one of the best stories I've read on this site, and believe me, I've read a lot. This isn't a story that is quite popular, in the sense the other romance hate-love stories have been by many of the so called popular authors here on this little corner of FP - many of which have been long since taken down due to plagiarism scares etc - but I do remember this being on the list of stories to read a few years back when I really was obsessed with FP but always put it off excusing it as just another love/hate story. However, recently, exams and looming deadlines made me seek this site again as a escapism and i'm so glad that I stumbled upon this story and decided to take a chance on something new rather than dwell in the emotions and feelings that I felt a few years back by simply re-reading the stories that I read then.

Phew. Okay. Now that I've gotten some of the excitement and love for this story and you as the wrote out of the way I can start making a bit more sense.

I thought this was the usual love-hate story. And it was. But it was also more than any one could hope. At first I was going to tell you that maybe you should post a bit more of an enlightening summary to show potential readers that it's so much more but now that I think about it - maybe it's protectiveness over this story (however lame that may sound) - but I think that only the people who stick around long enough to start reading, instead of simply dismissing it as another cliche, they are the ones who deserve to read this story. Though I think that's slightly selfish. So ignore me.

Your characters jump off the computer screen. They are inexplicably real, in all the ways they are not. It wasn't within the detail, it was within the movement that made them. And the struggle and conflict that you show within the story and within the characters themselves, is what really brings them to light. Conflict is one of the main themes of your story. Conflict and control. I suspect that you as the author probably couldn't quite control your characters yourself and they just demanded to be written as they show up though I don't think i'm giving you enough credit and I think maybe you are that good of a writer, a creator, an artist. You have the talent to make people believe. To make readers immerse themselves in your writing, to love your characters, to hate them, to believe them, to save them, to be happy for them. I envy you for it.

The slow progression on Matt and Aaron relationship was amazing. When Matt comes to her house with his dad and blackmails her, I got that nervous anxious feeling at the bottom of my gut because I thought that he just crossed the invisible line and maybe this isn't a story about them getting together 'cos how can you get back from his father blackmailing you with your own family. But the way things slotted together was perfect. Yes, the blackmail was crossing the line, essentially the bottom of the low, but when he hit that point there really was no where to go except up, and up meant forward, forward in dealing with Aare, in accepting her, in liking her.

You kept me constantly guessing the initial reason as to why Matt started hating her, and I never would have guessed that he was the driver of the car that nearly killed her, but by nearly killing her in actually saved her. And that is another thing I got out of this story, often the only way to be saved is when you nearly die. It happened with Chris, that was the wake up call they all needed. I wish you had delved deeper into that aspect and made Aaron try and get Matt to really understand that. Because I think she really should have. And I know it's all between the lines but I think it would have made in stand out and it's a brilliant sentiment and deserves to stand out.

I felt Aaron was sometimes too perfect. She was brave, she was there when her friends needed her, she knew what to do, she behaved like any of the readers would like to think they would have behaved if in the same situation. I felt like I liked her too much, and that you shouldn't like a character that much. They need to have flaws and mistake, but the truth is she did. Not enough. Not enough to be real, but we're not talking about real here.

While talking about that, I felt like something was missing from their relationship. Matt was always saving her, and yeah, I understand that was the whole point but I felt like she could have done something for him, save him from something, as minor as it could be, not just saying that she could help him if he wanted and letting him making the choice, but really saving him, helping him. I felt a bit of this when she got Tommy down from the Treehouse but it wasn't quite there.

More detail and development on Matt's side of life would have been welcomed. I kept on waiting for the explanation behind his construction job. Why? Sure, he loved building but I wanted the explanation and development of his more human character by hearing the details of it. I really like how you including his perspective in the epilogue but it was essentially of the whole story. On one hand, it was a bit forced and it felt like that this was how it was, these were the exact moments his feelings had come about and it took away Aaron's point of perspective and the readers own perception and interpretations of his actions and the meanings behind them. However, writing it you did give us a little glimpse into his mind and the way your structured it, short sentences etc. You could imagine it was him speaking. But I do think it some ways it was a double edged sword, and it may have taken away more enjoyment from the story than the light it shed on it.

I felt that we could have seen more of her mask in the beginning of the story, maybe the fact that it was from her perspective added to this, but it just felt like her mask had broken down too easily, I would have like to see her mask against other people other than Matthew. It would have made the transition of the relationship a lot more realistic, and credence the the wider story rather than just them.
The build up to the kiss was perfect. The fact that you had the brief kiss after the treehouse incident gave the tension a bit of relief then you just racked it up higher then it had ever been and made us seriously wait for it, but when that kiss did happen...dude. It was worth waiting for.

I didn't quite like Alyssa. Idk. Maybe there wasn't enough depth to her, or i just felt it was too unrealistic? I'm not sure, but I really didn't like her and I don't felt she deserved Cameron. Cameron was another character I loved. I think he was smart, and I liked how it was a realization rather than just a given.

I'm not sure what else there is to say. I have so much more I can say, but I'm not entirely sure how to put them into words and to structure it where its coherent enough for it to be of use to you. Honestly, I think anything I do say, you probably are already well aware since you are the author and there is a good chance you will probably never read this. But if you do, just know that this is a thank you to you, thank you for creating this story, for putting pen to paper, fingers to keyboard whatever, potential into real writing, imagination into believability. Thank you for sharing this story with us, for sharing your characters, your thoughts, your words. Thank you for giving me hours of emotion and happiness and excitement and entertainment and hidden sentiments simply by reading your story. Because it often means more than you know, more than can be put into words. And yes, it sounds unbelievably corny but hey. You deserve the thanks that i'm sure thousands out there that have read your story wanted to tell you to. I hope you manage to get this review and I hope you understand some of my gratitude towards you. You make the world a brighter, more colourful place with your words Alex. Thank you.
LateReviewer chapter 30 . 12/25/2013
I can say that this is favorite FP read of all time. Can't help wanting a spin-off. About Tommy perhaps?
FairyTaleDreams chapter 30 . 12/6/2013
Oh wow. I have no other words. The complexity of Matt and Aaron's relationship was unbelievable! And there were times, like when Chris left, that you had me nearly in tears. Brilliant writing - change what you've said in your profile page. Your story is amazing :)
Guest chapter 30 . 11/27/2013
thank you so much. I have read four docs in the span of two days and each one has had some stupid ass ending. But this fic was awesome
chimerica chapter 14 . 10/27/2013
...is this boy seriously blaming her for almost getting raped? Yes, she should be thankful he saved her and it's a great thinf he did. Not so great? Blaming the victim and verbally abusing her every chance he gets. Wow.
chimerica chapter 6 . 10/26/2013
Uh no Aaron. You do not wonder why a watching a guy like him work out is more interesting than Algebra. It's simply because he is physically attractive and you are a hormonal teenager. Nothing more. Do not begin to feel anything close to real attraction for a guy who uses his father's power and influence every chance he gets, threatens you, insults you, and enjoys hurting you. That's beyond masochism. Do not go there. At least not until after he shows some likable characteristics. Ugh. Where is your pride woman?
chimerica chapter 5 . 10/26/2013
I pity with her and one certain aspects of her family life, I even feel empathetic. However, I hate how her backbone comes and goes all the time, Nd it's never there when she really needs it. So many other things I want to rant about but I'll stop here and read on to see if the things I have issues with are resolved.
1,920 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »