Reviews for black coffee
lickembrains chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
This story was somewhat like coffee, the idea easily captures the audience, but the feeling/mood was-not bitter-but more.. bittersweet.

I feel somewhat unsatisfied that the ending was not more happy, but it really fit and it was resolved, in an indirect kind of way.

You must've gotten a good mark on this, right? :D
NearlyPrescient chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
a truly beautiful piece.

there's a perfect amount of description, a just right amount of detail that's difficult to describe, but really works.

very excellent.
Erisah Mae chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
This is beautiful in its simplicity- I love how you have shaped this story through the collection of drabbles... though I think nine is a lot early to start drinking coffee! Otherwise, I loved the bare descriptions and the enigmatic qualities of the relationships.

Beautiful work.

Erisah
Loca Motion chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
This is beautifully written. The imagery is wonderful, and the characters so well developed in such a short space. You have an incredible way with words. I commend you.
Queen Anabella chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
I really enjoyed that story. It was sad from beginning to end, gloomy and depressing-my favorite, lol. I just thought that maybe you shouldn't have made the poetry readings -so- cliche. I know you mentioned how stereotypical the reading was, but it still detracted from the story.
someone's sideshow chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
Excellente! I think the curious chronological arrangement adds a lot to this story - it presents various stages of their shared lives and leaves the reader to make their own connections. The part when they were nine, though, kind of threw me for a loop. It took me a while to catch on to what was happening. For some reason, I was thinking Fay was older. It almost sounded like she had a kid, and named it after Cooper. And that she had married James? Ah. Anyway, I like the story. The ending is wonderful. M...just how I like 'em.
indigoxnotes chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
This was absolutely wonderful! I loved the depth in it, and how it was a love story, but almost not. After the initial "wow" wore off, I realized you never told us what happened to Cooper. Was that intentional? All around a beautiful story.
amrita chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
Wow! I'm really impressed by this piece... a lot of depth and symbolism has been incorporated. I love the bittersweet ending- it's fitting to the rest of the plot. I was just wondering... what time period is this set in? I kind of got the impression it was set in modern time but the dialogue for when they were younger seems a bit outdated. I don't know- just an opinion to throw out there. Anyways, a very well written composition!