Reviews for Gravity
GraySide2550 chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
This one hit home. Great Job! - Gray
Jennifer chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
Again. A magnificent piece of art.
mmmmmmmm chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
I like the way this feels frank and honest and sort of resigned. solemn and conversational at the same time. that's a lot of adjectives, but what I mean to say is, it's a nice simple tone but still beautifully written. very refreshing.

I like the line in italics at the end, and the second stanza most of all.
t-t-t-ouch chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
Wow, this is great.

So emotive and delicate, I love the imagery, emotion, and comparisons. The repitition at the end is also great. Awesome job.
fairytale failure chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
Beautiful! I love the way you tied in emotions with the seasons, especially the second and third stanzas. After that, I felt like it went downhill a little bit. Loving: The play on words with fall (is that intentional?) and the bit about clouds covering the unknown - 'the stars, the sky, your thoughts.' I like how you jump from things so far away(stars and sky) to 'your thoughts' (something far more internal, but I suppose it is just as far away from you.)

Oh, and the last quote in italics at the end - it meshes perfectly with the poem. Is it a quote from another writer? If not I would consider 'gravity just seems like a much smaller obstacle without you here', right now it feels a litle awkward to me.
abstractelysium chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
Really nice. The sweetest passages were image-rich and full of sensory detail (I found myself changing with the leaves, Rain came to wash all denial away). The beginning was really nice, but the end tailed off a bit. Keep a consistent stream of images to feed you reader's sensory appetite. Well done.

abby
sylvia's syndrome chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
This is gorgeous. It's elegant and painful and full of precarious hope. I really enjoyed reading this. I love the lines, "But the fall/ the fall lasted and lasted and I'm never getting up." Nice flow and I love play on words. Keep up the great work!