Reviews for paper voices
the prophet apathetic chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
"Do you think any singer of songs is happy inside?"

I love that.

I relate to this a lot, and though I know there were times I was inspired by beauty and happiness...there are many others when I was not.

I like it.
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
Wow, this is so good! So many good comparisons and ideas about writing. "We write poetry by the skin of our teeth, clinging to something just out of our reach and praying it'll still be there when we get to it." Those are great lines. And I really related to the entire "we are the ones who want to do magnificent things" stanza...it felt very true to me.

That being said, because I liked this so much, I'm going to give some criticism, which you can take or leave as you wish. The beginning and end didn't seem to match the tone of the rest of the piece, and weren't particularly gripping. "Singer of songs", for example...the phrase is uncomfortable. I did like how you connected it to questions at the beginning and end, with the middle being a tangent, but the writing in those parts just isn't as good as it is in the middle.

Again...I liked it!
fallin4ualwayz chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
wow... lol you did this very well. the words you chose and everything D the rhythm, the way you wrote your stanzas... D lol this is the worst review ever, but u've left me stunned and also contemplative P excellent job