Reviews for Wings of Eagles
LeenElle chapter 12 . 7/27/2008
So sorry it's taken me so long to review. Time got away from me, it's been a busy week. I liked this chapter, and I especially like Elizabeth, I hope we see more of her. I also like the way you used the infideltiy in Edmunds relationship to rattle Rebecca's trust in him. If my thinking is correct, I'm betting it was the woman who was cheating. But now that Rebecca's thinking it's Edmund, it will certainly shake things up! The only thing in this chapter that caused my eyebrows to go up was when Rebecca was questioning Elizabeth in her thoughts. She said something like, what's the deal with this girl? It just didn't sound much like the times, even for her to be thinking it. Just something you might want to consider. Otherwise, good work!
Daisy Silk chapter 12 . 7/22/2008
I enjoyed the last two chapters the imensley, more then the others because of Mr. & Mrs. geniune characters shinning through to give the herione hope. I wish to see our herione take on a postive fighting outlook on life in effect of everything. Her beaten puppy dog character is understandable and ties well into to her history, however, it would be lovely to see her pick herself up and change for the better. I think she can help to change the other characters around her too, if you go in that direction. I'm intrested to see where you go with this piece:)
de wolf chapter 12 . 7/18/2008
I was away, and I didn't see chapter 11 until today, my bad.

Elizabeth seems like a decent person compared to the other ladies. At least, she's very brave :) And that was nice of Edmund. He obviously cares for her XD

And Caroline...oh, we'll have to wait for more, eh?

Congradulation for getting it done! I suck at finishing stories so yay!
J.E.Wyatt chapter 3 . 7/12/2008
I liked this chapter. And I especially like Rebecca's character!
criti-sized chapter 8 . 7/10/2008
I'm at work, and shit my boss is over my shoulder, lol.

Another good chapter, though to me, personally, it wasn't one of teh best. For some reason I felt as though the characters were a bit detached from the plot line, unlikt with the other chapters... They gelled with it very well. In this one, they seemed to be in seperate areas, but in the same part...

I'm not sure if that makes sense.

Let me go before I get a write up, 0_o
criti-sized chapter 7 . 7/10/2008
I like what Sarah/ Sara said to her. Though it was honest, it sometimes takes friends to remind us of things that are worse just to make us grateful.

Once again, neat chapter, and aweseom interaction.

J.E.Wyatt chapter 2 . 7/10/2008
This was certainly an interesting chapter! I love the twist, where she finds out that she's engaged!
J.E.Wyatt chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
Truth be told, I prefer this story of yours much more intriguing than 'Redeeming Love.' RL was great and all, but personally, I didn't like the heroine much. A bit exasperating she was, if you ask me. But here, in your fiction, Rebecca seems so much more human. Therefore I'm excited to read more. I wonder who the hero is...hm. Anyways, great chapter!

-J.
criti-sized chapter 6 . 7/10/2008
At first I was gonna review you for your new story, then I noticed that I hadn't finished the other chapters that you had up 0_o

As always this chapter as good. There were a few typos, and grammatical errors... Like nobody has them. But other than that, it sounds good. It seems like Edmund has a slight idea that there's an attraction between him and Rebecca, but chooses to ignore it.

And also, I felt that you used the word 'why' a lot in the chapter unnecessarily.

LeenElle chapter 11 . 6/29/2008
I definitely could feel things heat up in this chapter! And I can definitely see that we are heading toward the answers I've been waiting so long for! I think it was a good chapter. I do hope you have a plan for Sarah though...it would be absolutely horrible for something to happen to her and her unborn child. Excellent work...looking forward to all the answers!
Evelyn Hawkins chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
Hey! I really like this story so far. It's very interesting. Very original idea. Way to go!

Quick question, though. This story is registered as historical fiction but I can't figure out what time period it's in. It seems fairly modern.
LeenElle chapter 10 . 6/25/2008
Sorry for the lateness in my review. But, I liked this chapter. I still feel as though I'm a little confused with what is going to happen. I feel as though the only character I really know is Rebecca. I want to know what's going on with Caroline, why she's so snobby, and John, why he agreed to this, and Edmund, the most mysterious of all. I'm also wondering what Brandon has to do with this whole thing...if he wanted to marry her, and she loved him...what happened? Good update, looking forward to the next.
de wolf chapter 10 . 6/21/2008
aww, thanks, my pleasure :)

I really like the descriptions; very pretty. And I like the parts about Caroline. You show another side of her, and you show that she has her own problems too.
jekodama chapter 7 . 6/5/2008
Sara or Sarah? Sometimes you write the h at the end, sometimes you don't, so I'm confused.

"Seeing her eyes gain back it’s pure white hue" - "Seing her eyes gain back their pure white hue". It still sounds weird to me, but I at least there's the proper possessive adjetive.

A grammar check is in order. A spelling one too.

OMG, poor Sara! What will become of her now? I really do hope you have a happy ending for her! And the abortion issue. You do realize how shaky the grounds you're stepping on are, do you? That's a very delicate issue, and should be dealt with properly.

Caroline's a biatch, so I won't even bother with her. The callers are idiots as well, and they'll rot in hell all together like the good friends they are, LOL!

Wow, that was random...

Anyway, I'll try to keep reading. I'm not promising anything, but I'll try.
jekodama chapter 6 . 6/5/2008
"A stupid book of rules, if you ask me." That sentence made me giggle, even if it is quite insulting for Catholics, but it's funny!

Question marks, question marks. Point Nº 1. I'm sure you've heard all about them.

Capitalization of thoughts. Point Nº 2. It gets a bit confusing to decipher where thoughts ends and narration starts, and vice-versa.

Again, I state my opinion about hearing God's voice: Schizophrenia. Yes, I know this is your story and all, but that's the only point that makes me want to stop reading. I really, truly don't like it. I think you could make the message clear in a more subtle way.

What is Caroline's sin? Is she shagging her brother or what? And, OMG, that idea was so EW that I almost puked.

"She thought that there was something wrong with him, and she was right…he believed in God." Loved that sentence.

To the next chapter!