Reviews for A Textbook Case
xSadistxFujix chapter 34 . 12/25/2009
Go Erik! But NO! I have a REALLY bad feeling that things are going to get REALLY bad before they get better in the last few chapters? Am I right? I'm right, aren't I? I don't know. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Poor Matthias. :(

Great chapter and Merry Christmas!

Sunshine Bear chapter 34 . 12/25/2009
He is dead, isn't he?

Yeah? Yeah. Yeah?

I'm going to punch you. In the face. Or the foot.

Merry Christmas but I'll cut you if he killed himself.
Jaded Devil chapter 34 . 12/24/2009
Oh my GOSH I can't even express my excitement with words, the feeling when I received notification that you updated! Ugh Derek is such a douche, I hope he gets in major trouble for misconduct in the hospital. And not much of Matthias in this chapter! He's really my favourite character, so I hope to see more of him soon! Poor thing, it must be so difficult for him. :( And hopefully Erik will be alright too. The scenes with him and Mattie are the cutest! Thank you for the update!

Merry Christmas to you too!
xSadistxFujix chapter 33 . 12/18/2009
Well, if that was a question, I think you should finish it first and then rewrite it cause I REALLY want to know how this ends.

I'm serious when I say that dear Mattie has GOT to be my favorite character I've read about on fictionpress! I love him, he's just so MEMORABLE! I love everything from his personality to his looks (but for some reason, my mind keeps wanting to imagine him as short...) and I just can't get enough of it, and I'm sad I've no more to read.

I found this story a week or so ago but just got around to reading it a few hours ago and I just couldn't stop. It was absolutely magnificant. It's been a long time since I found a story that I plainly and TRULY loved as much as I do this one and the characters weren't over cliched, bad mouthed, sex-a-holics, druggies like in a lot of the stories I've read. (seriously, those types of characters tend to get on my nerves with those types of stories. 'Cause it's not like EVERYONE is an "over cliched, bad mouthed, sex-a-holics, druggy", right?)

So, I'll end my stupid rambling and end this review saying that I really look forward to the next chapter! I just love it so much!

xSadistxFujix chapter 30 . 12/18/2009
I just wanted to say that when you said "cat" in here, the word "panther" automatically popped into my head. It might just be me, but Matthias sure does seem like one!

meep chapter 33 . 12/8/2009
You're still alive and there's been an update! dble YAY

Actually tend to forget to look so hadn't seen July message ;)

Might be better to finish the story even if it's pretty basic before you go back and do the re-write. Means you have the whole draft to play with rather than having to re-write so much then go back to finishing it off... Depends where your head is.

Either way nice to see you back, I was disappointed the story came so far then stopped.
runaway sheet chapter 33 . 12/6/2009
What's OOTC? As long as it isn't tragic endings or some suicidal crud, it's fine- please continue the story so that we know how it ends. You can start another story that is the rewrite, so that people can read both and see which one they prefer. Personally, I've gotten too attached to them and I don't want to have to wait for another 30 something chapters before actually continuing the plot. Plus, I'm no psych major so 'dumbing it down' as you claim thisversion to be (or do you?) is really helpful. So, in short, you da** wellbetter finish the story as is. Then, get on with a more psychologically correct version or whatnot.

Still loving Matthias. The little evil genius, him. And bring Seth back! He's funny and I want to know how things turned out with his editor. Bur really, give us back Erik and Matti- like now. Ok, afte ryour exams, but like now. o.O
Kanilla chapter 33 . 12/1/2009
I'm tempted to suggest that you finish ATC as it is now, somply because I crave an ending to it rather than waiting around for a re-write.

But...All those points you made are valid, and I'm sure ATC would be even better if you did sit down and rewrite it. Whichever you go for, I'll wait around to read, because damned, this is one of the best stories I've read on fictionpress. I think I might have developed a fascination for mental institutions/patients in fiction.

You might think that the characters are flawed, but I think Erik and Mattie's relationship has progressed steadily and realistically. I love how different they are, and yet Erik is the only one that can reach him. I'm even fond of Seth as well, with all his irritating sides and whatnot. As for the holes in the plot, sure, those exist, but all in all I think you've done a fantastic job with this story.

ps: This is a little late, but I'm sorry about your grandmother.

-Kanilla
LondonCallingx chapter 4 . 12/1/2009
I love it so far _
Purple Above chapter 33 . 11/29/2009
Personally I think it'd be awesome if you could finish the story the way it is but if you think you could make it way better by just starting over and rewriting it I'd say go for it!

BTW-you totally rock, I freaked when I saw you wrote another chapter!
ddz008 chapter 33 . 11/29/2009
I'm glad you have updated even if the ending was so sad... I agree with whatever you decide to do: rewrite ATC or keep writing it. And don't worry about not knowing much about psychology and psychiatry, it could happen to everyone and the story and the characters are still extremely interesting and lovable. Hope to hear from you soon! :)
Mewenn chapter 33 . 11/27/2009
Any writing is good to me because I think I'll have to re-read the whole thing anyway (won't be too much of a chore, the story was very good from what I remember). So as long as I get any reading I'll be glad, whatever you do. Though I don't know anything about psychology and don't believe that this needs rewriting at all (just thought I'd point it out).
Allanasha Ke Kiri chapter 33 . 11/27/2009
Holy crap, talk about a roller coaster. Hot damn, wow.

Personally, I would like you to finish the story before reworking it. This wasn't exactly the nicest of places to end it ... especially if your planning on re-writing the story, who knows how long it'll be stuck at a cliffy? ... though, is it considered a cliffy if we're 90% sure we know what Mattie's gonna do?

Well, anyway, hope you continue updating _

Allanasha Ke Kiri
Keona Raynalise chapter 33 . 11/26/2009
Wow... I saw the update and I was like, NO WAY AN UPDATE! And if you are turning into Erik... well I dont know if thats so bad cuz Erik is cute... lol And while I want the story to be finished soon so I can know what happens I think you should re write it, especialy since it is SO awesome and since its been so long since you updated, I was gonna re read it anyway! And I would love to see these personified psychological theories you speak of! Dont really know what they ARE but it seems interesting! Are they like... charachter bios psychological style? ALSO looking forward to the sequal! AND A GROWN UP MATTY! So... yep... please keep writing cuz im a fan!
uniqueindividual chapter 33 . 11/26/2009
good luck with your finals. yeah I mostly forgot about this story too... sorry
518 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »