Reviews for A Textbook Case
PinkValiant chapter 26 . 7/14/2008
AH KAYLA! I'm so happy with this chapter! I wish you would update sooner...I mean, I don't ask for much like Mathias either...but I understand and I really do hope your grandmother gets better. It's frustrating to feel like the doctors aren't working hard enough, because if they were, they would know what the problem is right? But I guess some things just aren't that obvious. It took three different hospital transfers to figure out what my brother had so..uh, I kinda understand. And congrats on your love interest! Ha, you don't have to tell him anything about your obsession...maybe get him to read this story and have him discover that it's a homosexual love-ish story as gradually as Erik is realizing he's kinda gay lol. And I'm sorry I never get to reply to your e-mails! I don't know why I'm like that! Maybe...if you get facebook...it would be so much easier RIGHT. Haha, like you need another time-consuming thing on your plate. And once again, I forgot my password to this page so sorry I can't log in! My e-mail is

Good luck on your course registration! :)
Duuude chapter 26 . 7/13/2008
Wow. I've read the entire story in one go. All I can say is, I'm impressed. This was amazing. I love it. I lovvee it. xD

I really do love Matthias and his sarcasm. He's pretty cute actually. I know no one in the story would actually call him that, even Erik. And Erik is soo in love with him, despite the fact that he seems to deny it.

I wouldn't agree to Mattie meeting with Seth. Or else Seth will be sent back in an ambulance. Erik does remember Amber doesn't he?

Anywhoo. About your grandmother, I actually read the AN this time. I hope she gets better. I don't really know you but it doesn't sounds too good. Some doctors are totally incompetent. I mean once I had the whooping cough and would cough until I couldn't breathe and it NEVER stopped. But my doctor said is was a cold and gave me some tylenol. T_T

What idiots. Hope she gets better. Spend some time with her. You never know. )

I absolutely love your writing. And I can tell you want something to do with psychology because your other story included it as well and you seem to know a lot about it. It interests me too. Hopefully, I'll be going into it next year!

And oh yeah. Yay for Canadians. The first time anyone's been from Manitoba. But you're still Canadian. I'm from Toronto. And hooray and congratulations for having such amazing writing skills. )

I'll be waiting and checking in constantly for the next chapter. I am so hooked to this. I love Matthias. And I can't wait to see how this turns out. ]

Good luck with university and your grandma.
Faith Adeline chapter 26 . 7/12/2008
I really liked this chapter, especially the ending-which was adorable! I hope your grandma gets better, and your relationship keeps going strong :) Keep it up and update soon!

Faith
TheLadyPendragon chapter 26 . 7/12/2008
34 pages! It's a dream come true! And Erik and Mattie were cuddling too...aw :) This must be my favorite chapter. XD

I'm sorry about your grandmother and I'm happy you found a guy. XD Can't wait to hear what you tell him about your...writing experiences. XD I hope you update soon but I know you're busy so...I can wait.
Aibari chapter 26 . 7/12/2008
:( I hope your grandma gets better. (But good luck with your special person. :D)

Hehe, I liked this chapter. At one point I was expecting Mattie to snap and strangle Hath. I like his vulnerable side, though.

Oh, Erik. You might as well just give in. (Also, "good god"? I dunno, it just gives me associations with the middle-aged, brandy-drinking colonels in Agatha Christie novels. Makes me wonder who raised Erik, anyway.)
CakeForEveryone chapter 26 . 7/11/2008
Sorry about your grandmother, congrats about the new beau!

Wow this was one of the cutest endings to a chapter in this story.

Little Mathias cuddling...how quaint!
Synthetic Ecstasy chapter 26 . 7/11/2008
Yayy, Mattie and Erik time. I loved this chapter, it was great! I'm always so glad I found this unique story, you made my day. Thank-you!

In response to your AN, I really do hope that your Grandma gets better soon. I know the kind of stress you go through - my own grandma has a heart condition and has been through a lot of ups and downs recently.

And congratulations on finding that special guy. Best of luck to you both and your grandma. !

I patiently await the next chapter of ATC, no doubt as will the rest of the fans of this marvelous story. (:

- Trance.
Cattails chapter 26 . 7/11/2008
EE! 34 pages? Wow. That's just...wow. Consider me mightily impressed. O_o Okay, I'll stop my squeeing and get to my review...*cough*. So! A lot happened! I'm glad Erik decided to stick with the case Not that he really had much of a choice, since if he hadn't, could the story have really continued to the slashy goodness? I think not. Ew, Derek. Aw, it was cute seeing Matthias getting along with someone else. But gambling...? Yeah, probably not the best thing for him to be learning... O_O Wow. I'm really impressed with how well he behaved, even while being interrogated. But I'm glad they're investigating his mum; she doesn't appear to be a good influence. Aww! Matthias is cute, despite his slight homicidal tendencies And Erik is giving in :P Heh heh heh. They appear to be making some good progress. Hm...and Matthias doesn't seem so attached to his plan anymore...especially with the whole "Who's Seth?" thing. I see jealousy in the future Hmm...I wonder how that little meeting's going to go? Probably dramatically... Can't wait! And again...HOLY CRAP THEY ARE SO CUTE! XD God, I'm a fangirl O_o Can't wait for the next chapter!

Sorry to hear about your grandma. I know what that's like... I hope she'll be okay! Ugh, uni courses...I have to do that this month, but I have until the 28th. But congrats on the beau! Good luck with everything...hope things get better for you!
DeletionImminent chapter 26 . 7/11/2008
hey, sorry to hear about your gradnma- illness sucks and i hope it all works out okay for you. Good luck with uni- i got my (horribke) results back yesterday. eugh. 2nd year bitchy. what classes and stuff are you taking? and, hey. You has a special friend! awesome! hehe, cuteness.

as for the whole 'review' point to this waffling, yay innocent sleeping together! the boys are so cute all tired and less-hostile.
Daydream Nation chapter 26 . 7/11/2008
Reading this chapter was really worth the eye strain. I told myself I'd get off the internet in 5 mins because my eye was hurting, but then I was like OMG UPDATE! An it was a nice long update, too. I love you so much. That was the absolute CUTEST thing ever. It was intense at moments, but also kinda funny and witty. It's like an emotional rollercoaster, pardon the cliche. And it was a damn good read, too.
fam chapter 26 . 7/11/2008
I hope your grandma gets better and congratulations on finding someone special.

I loved the end of this chapter, it was so cute! Erik and Mattie are so great together...I can't wait for their first kiss!
Ama chapter 26 . 7/11/2008
I'm sorry for your life's downs, and happy for its ups. ::huggles:: This chapter was gorgeous, and the bit at the end? ::happy sigh::
Liviania chapter 25 . 6/23/2008
I like Rachel and Louis. They're normal-nutty and provide a nice balance to Matthias.

So what was this other story?

(If you want to know weird coincidences, a friend and I once wrote a fanfiction with two OCs - we were eleven, sorry - but the author continued the series several years later. A new character was nearly identical to ours. Same physical description, magical powers, love interest for the same character. We joked that we should sue the author for copying our terrible fanfic which wasn't even posted on the net. _)

Livi
la-vita-bella chapter 25 . 6/21/2008
Hey there! Wow, I don't know if you remember me, but apparantly you reviewed on one of my stories before and I had put you on alert. And like a couple days ago, I was looking for a story to read, and in my e-mail, an alert for A Softer Sin came up. And I have random things on alert, so I usually just disregard them. But I read it, and absolutely loved it. (But that's another story for another day, back to this one haha). And then for some random reason I was going through reviews on my stories, and you came up, and you said something along the lines of, "By the way, thanks for putting my story, A Softer Sin, on alert." And I was like, whoa...that's what I just read!

Well, needless to say it blew me away, and I decided to check you're other works out! So I read this because of the promise of quick, catchy dialogue. And now on to how much I love this and the actual review:

...I love this. Haha, no for serious. Okay, you're either a genius or...I don't know. You're character development is absolutely amazing! I'm always very wary when reading a "psycho-alanlytical" story, because a lot of people have pre-conceived notions and try to add their own opinions, when really, when writing a story like this, you can't do that. And you very impressively set aside you're own notions and wrote merely the story. The characters are not YOU, they're themselves, telling their story. And that is so hard to do, but you so gracefully nailed it.

I mean, there was that one part, where Mattie and that doctor were discussing Poe, and I can't tell you how many times I've read stories where the main character loves Poe because of the obvious "dark" and "nonconfonformist" ideals presented. And it's just that character being like, "Omg, I loves Poe lolololz," because you know the author loves Poe, and he/she's just sticking her likes and dislikes onto the character. But the way you counterbalanced the argument, and pointed out different sides, proved that this wasn't YOUR love being shown, it was the character's. You've done this numerous times throughout the novel, especially in setting your character's appart from stereotypes. It would be so easy to make Mattie just an "Anti-social, I-Hate-The-World, Listen-to-heavy-metal goth" that many people would adopt for such a character. You've created him into an actual person, who despises the world for actual reasons.

I don't know if anything I'm saying is making sense at all. What I'm just trying to say is that I honestly applaud your ability to make real, true characters, avoiding stereotypes and cliches.

And then to move on, I'm just going to make this quick: you're dialogue is excellent-very real and thought out. You're analysis of the human mind, explained through the doctors is very good. You're hospital is quite realistic.

If I could add one critique it wouldn't even be a critique, just a warning. You're now at the point that I call "the wall." You know how athletes, after expending so much energy, they hit a phase called "the wall" which is where their body has to stop feeding off dietary energy, and consuming its own? That's kind of where you are now. It's that pre-revelation stage, where feelings are being recognized. These are the chapters where things get sorted out, and it's very easy to make it a lot of mental dialogue that can get horribly boring. But it can't be skipped. So it's just a warning-find a way to let them have their revelations without having to explain their every thought. It's tricky, and a lot of stories go down hill at this point. But I have no doubt you'll be able to do this.

This is ingenious, and I'm really hoping you update quickly.

Cheers,

Lavitabella
frolic-horror chapter 25 . 6/19/2008
Great story! I absolutely love the characters and the plot. I didn't think the beginning was either reppetitive or crappy :P

I'm adding it to alerts and favorites :)
518 | « Prev Page 1 .. 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 .. Last Next »