Reviews for A Textbook Case
EMPTYACCOUNT0001 chapter 25 . 8/19/2011
Hey, I really like this story. One problem though: Why'd you stop posting the chapters on here and went and finished on live journal or whatever? Cause I really want to finish it but it won't let me cause I didn't have an account so I made account but I'm not 18 so I went and changed my age (just cause... you know, wanna read it) but it sill wouldn't let me. So now I'm all mopey so I was wondering if there was anyway you could actually put the rest up here. For me? PWEASE!

But yeah, cool story :)
charm en route chapter 38 . 5/27/2011
Okay. So. I absolutely, positively loved reading this story. The characters are amazing and I loved how they grew and changed. I just... It was so great! I can't wait to start on the sequel. :)
complete chapter 4 . 3/8/2011
"Everyone has a fluffy gay unicorn in them somewhere."

xD New facebook status, definitly.

Rob Thurman sounds so familiar.

Bing time!

(Because I don't use google anymore.. except for email.)
complete chapter 3 . 3/6/2011
Oh. My. God. That wasn't on purpose?

It's SO perfect, though!

From now on, claim it as a reference. And read 'A Clockwork Orange', so you know the author your referencing.

Too amazing perfect. I say it was his ghosty-spirit liking your story and forcing his name into your mind, to make it a reference, to show how much he liked it.

Raises questions about his sexuality, though...
complete chapter 2 . 3/5/2011
Before I even get to read the rest of the story, I LOVE your Anthony Burgess reference.
Aske Nat chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
This was without doubt one of the best stories I have read on FictionPress; and that's quite a few.

It was so thrilling to read something with a nice slow pace, where the plot wasn't forced and it didn't end up in sex, sex and more sex. All the way through, I sat with a big smile on my face, hands clenching and my chest tightening, as I went through a whole pallet of emotions. I simply couldn't put it down; I have a tendency to read all through the night when something really interests me, so I guess it's on your shoulders now that I stayed up until 4 am, and now find myself in a total state of sleep deprivation.

It's only been a couple of days since I told my boyfriend that I really wanted to read a story which focused a lot more on people interacting, and reacting, a different way that they normally would, when being presented to the harder side of life. And I must say, you certainly fulfilled that.

If I had to give some constructive criticism, there are (as I recall) a few inconsistencies (though just a few really small ones, I only caught on to because I just seem to do that. Might also be my blurry brain, so it could be nothing. Might have to read it again to be sure. And trust me, I will :) ) and a few words misplaced, or not fully spelled. Mostly just type errors.

The people were really well described and manged to stay in character all the way through; kudos on that. A lot of writers seem to think that just because they have full authority over a story, they can make people do all sorts of stuff, but that's just boring. It's much more fun to read about internal and moral struggle; even though the end result is the same, if it's well described, you end up with a feeling like “Hey, that could actually happen!”.

As you can probably understand (not even having to read between the lines) I can't get my hands down. It was just so moving. And the ending, even though it killed me a little, was the only way it could have ended without being corny.

So standing ovation, big shoulder clap, and etc. I'm really looking forward to read more from you :)

Ps. Okay, so one more, tiny complaint. It was to short. As in, I-never-want-this-story-to-end kind of a way...And I would killed to know a bit more detail about the time lapse...Guess I have to go straight for the sequel, which I just discovered only have four chapters so far...Damn, writers have to much power ;)
known.to.be.anonymous chapter 2 . 1/22/2011
Haha. My dad's name is Dr. Burgess.
HelloBilby chapter 37 . 12/24/2010
wow. I really loved this whole story.

I've never been on Fictionpress before, although I've seen it mentioned on Fanfiction (I'm an on off fanfiction addict), but latley my home computer has been broken, so I've had to use my laptop (on which fanfiction is irratatingly blocked) and decided to check out . this was the first story I clicked into, and it is honestly one of the best stories I've read all year (including both stories on the internet and acual hard copy published ones.).

although the ending was a bit depressing, it all fit together really nicely.

If you ever decide to try and get this published, I would love to know. I'd love to have this story sitting on my shelf with all my other books.
Tad chapter 37 . 12/1/2010
Beauty, beauty, beauty, beauty, beauty. Couldn't have ended it better. Beauty.
AudreyKW chapter 37 . 11/22/2010
This is tragic and incredibly beautiful. I adored the soft romance between the two just before Mattie's mother passed. I find it saddening that their relationship won't most likely ever return to it's previous sweetness.

From what I've read of the sequels summary, it seems as though it is mostly centered around Matthias, and his and Eriks relationship has cease. I feel that this is truly disheartening, but expected and realistic at the same time. However I hope that Erik still somehow finds his happiness and his "loose ends are tied up". Erik and Matthias are both lovely characters.

You're incredibly talented and this is an phenomenal piece of work. Thank you and I hope you continue.
BlackCatMagic chapter 30 . 11/7/2010
Hi! I just wanted to say, I love your story! It's so cute! The whole thing with Matthias reminds me of this song, Blue Eyes by Timmy Curan, you should listen to it. Also, I'm sorry about your grandmother. I hope you feel better! It kinda freaked me out when I read it, though, because my birthday is September 15. . . weird coincidence! Anyways, good luck with your writing!
Serenity Marie chapter 39 . 10/27/2010
I am madly in love with this story.

I found it last night, started reading it in my bio class and finished at 1:15 am today/tomorrow.

hopefully I can restrain myself to hold off on the sequel till tomorrow.

Maybe.

Ah crud, who am I kidding? I'm going to go look at it now.
Bite The Succubus chapter 10 . 10/14/2010
Erik, you dumb twat, of course you don't let Mattie out of your sight for even a second. The bathroom, that's the oldest 'ditching excuse'.

Something is definately fishy about Mattie's mother. Hmm...

Thank you!
Bite The Succubus chapter 9 . 10/14/2010
Haha, I love Mattie's POV's a lot more, but then again they are both enjoyable. I like how Mattie keeps making sexual comments that end up flustering Erik. It's cute.

Love the story, thanks!
Bite The Succubus chapter 8 . 10/14/2010
Nice chapter. Yay, more Mattie and Erik conversing and getting to know one another. I like their little chats. Mattie is so interesting. I wonder if when Mattie mentioned that he was sent here because he was in the way of someone if that meant he was in maybe his mom's way or dad's?

Thanks so much for writing!
518 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »