Reviews for A Textbook Case
PinkValiant chapter 13 . 12/16/2007
Oh my goodness! What an amazing story! I've read all 13 chapters all evening NON STOP- well, I did go pee BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT! Ugh, I've been searching for a story like this forever!

I must say, when I first began reading the story, I felt Mattie's obscure existence, the tension. Like, I myself felt suffocated and constricted. It's weird. But as I progressed into the chapters, I began to feel a glimmer of hope. That maybe there's a chance for something different out there for Mattie. So, yeah, wow. To be able to connect with the reader on such a level. Kudos to you!

Please put up a chapter soon! :)
CakeForEveryone chapter 13 . 12/8/2007
*gasp*

Is Mathias making friends? The horror! I really enjoyed this chapter, very cute and it looks as if Mattie is gonna be making some progress! Erik is adorable and I can't wait until this two become closer!
Liviania chapter 13 . 12/8/2007
The idea of neopolitan style eyeshadow is really intriguing. I wanna try that (if only because I love the ice cream). Also, I'm pretty sure group therapy sounds awful whether you're crazy or not.

Livi
The Falconer chapter 12 . 12/7/2007
VERY realistic! The trouble Erik and Dr. Burgess are in, the IV... So, I like how it's 'real world' realistic. But I also like how it's 'emotions' realistic.

Amber: You can't hate her. You understand where she's coming from and why she doesn't trust Matthias. I like that.

Dr. Burgess:

Her lecture, which you only mentioned in passing, seemed hilarious. She'd love putting the blame on Erik but at the same time her professionalism and work ethics push her to admit that the blame is hers too. I like that.

Erik:

Poor guy! It's been a hell of a few days for him. And he's getting quite attached to Matthias. What's more, he starts to UNDERSTAND Matthias. I like that.

Matthias:

The life support cord trick? Mean, but priceless! Methinks he was getting a bit jealous and wanted to break the 'moment' Erik and Amber were having...and maybe a little uncomfortable and disconcerted by how Erik took his defense. I'm sure that's one more fissure at the wall he's constructed around himself. Wo~! I like that.

The hand episode:

Matthias let Erick touch him! Great, we're making more and more progress! (He was a bit fazed by the contact, wasn't he?) But it's 'gradual', you can see it unfold through the narration. I like that.

The little argument:

Was cute, funny. They're getting more comfortable around each other. I like that.

The ending:

Was so sweet! Matthias INVITING Erick to sleep at the edge of his bed... Hm... Sweet. I like that.

Bah, that's it! On to Chapter 13!
The Falconer chapter 11 . 12/7/2007
Hmm...It's interesting that he doesn't blame (or feel angry about) his mother for locking him up and not visiting him. What's more, he's concerned about her... *frowns, deep in thought* But why did ( or does) he want to escape if he's giving her "a break", eh?

So, when should we expect some more development about the mother or Mathias' family and past?

-I like how you're consistent with Matthias' intelligence (his smartass-ness -Is that a word? lol). Checking his breathing to see if he had any broken ribs is not something an average teen would think of he's just been beaten up bloody. He's such a nerd.

Good job!

Back From the Dead,

Falconer.
lucretiabaine chapter 13 . 12/7/2007
I love love love this chapter. I love the way Erik kind of prods Mattie, and the way he's amused. I'm bad with reviews, so please forgive me...but I'm excited for the new chapter as usual. :]
pandaloli chapter 13 . 12/7/2007
Elloo again:b. Ah I totally know how it feels when your internet is in its evil mood and plays dead. I'm beginning to love Rachael already but Lewis is too quiet to love. Yet. Oh yeah about my phone bill, it went up so high my phone's currently being held in prison! Woe is me ): Anyway I'm waiting (patiently:p) for the next chapter, hope you update soon!
DeletionImminent chapter 13 . 12/6/2007
Hey _

Glad to hear from you- i was thinking maybe the canadian monsters had got you or something *laughs*

Anyways- Lewis and Rachael are pretty cool. I wonder what they'll make of Erik's little tease fest there. Very nice work )

In fact, to celebrate this chapter, i'm gonna offer you internet chocolates- i just got some from my aunts, and i've decided to dedicate the rest of my life to building and internet that will send people physical objects as well as text, so i can send you some, becasue they're yummy, and i love you for updating _

Anyways- awesome update, dahling!

love Trill
Cattails chapter 13 . 12/6/2007
Wow, he is getting more talkative! Oh, new people! XD Yay. And poor Erik...he tries so hard.
Dusty Windowsills chapter 13 . 12/6/2007
hey, just finished reading your story here so far. I must say I'm interested to see how things carry along. I like watching the power exchanges that happen between the two characters.
oo chapter 12 . 12/5/2007
aw. i gotta have more. just read it all toight. this has turned out to be one of those stories im going ot go nutso over checking for updates everyday~!
paputsza chapter 12 . 12/4/2007
wow, this was better than i thought it would be, cuz so many stories are about psych patients and they seem to have a specific formula. Lots of complaining about white walls. this is nice though.
alilypea chapter 12 . 11/29/2007
I love it as I love all your writing and everything you decide to write. Poor Mattias needs to get out of there and I think Erik is beginning to understand it. I love that he was so worried and then I love that Mattie was "sick of all the drama" that was a great moment keeping it all from being too tense. You're wonderful.
Lollymeg chapter 12 . 11/25/2007
Hi it was ard chapt 5 when my internet screwed and i was like "oh no!" so i had to read the rest on my phone. Heehee i wanted to tell you that i absolutely love this fic and how you write your characters! I totally love mattie and erik. Mattie's really wonderful in the story and i really look forward to more! *spazzes*
Cattails chapter 12 . 11/24/2007
Ah, not enough errors to be worried about I really like this story. The contrasting personalities of the two main characters make it really interesting. I'm especially amused by Erik's timidity XD And the stabbing with a pen...what a way to welcome him to the hospital, eh? Again, really well developed characters, especially with Mattie. Despite his lack of conscience and guilt, he still has a lot of emotions, which makes his relationship with Erik believable. Looking forward to more! (Wow, I sounded like a teacher, didn't I...? ;)
518 | « Prev Page 1 .. 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 .. Last Next »