Reviews for An Ice Cold Love
dr3 chapter 13 . 3/16/2012
It's been a little over 1 1/2 yrs since you've had time 2 update. R U still writing? Hope so, as this is a rather interesting tale & I would love 2 know how it ends. ;p ~Write-On! :D
Eccthlacine chapter 13 . 11/9/2010
Extremely excited about this story from the beginning :) I love period stories and yours was engaging from the start. Very well written: great diction and syntax. Your character descriptions are a little flat. There are few to no charming, unusual details: no scars, unusually large nose, imperfect female body, etc, which makes them very unrealistic and distant to a reader; they're all just "pretty people". You, however, bring out their flaws and humanity through character very well. Very intrigued as the plot continues. Can't wait to see more :)
AnotherSomething chapter 13 . 11/7/2010
This is a wonderful story. Another commonly used idea, but you do it well and the added catch of her past and the suspense of the criminals makes it that much more interesting. Love the sexual tension. I realised when reading that you started in 2007! I hope you update more often now, because I would love to read more of this story and soon! :P

Great work. :)
Its.Not.Me.Its.You chapter 12 . 10/19/2010
I love it!

I have missed the story a lot!

Have a good week!

Hope you update soon!
MadameCardui chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Two small points to nitpick in the first chapter, which is really unfair of me I know but I'm hoping you won't mind because it will improve your writing.

Firstly, you began the story in 1816 and then went on to describe the house as Victorian. Victoria was born in 1819 and came to power in 1837, so it's actually late Regency or early 19th century but (I know this is really mean of me) not Victorian.

Another small thing is just the occasional language mistake, e.g. "Two girls, ages four and eleven. Your lucky Nicky never had a son or all this would go to him."

It should be "you're" or "you are", not "your". Get a grammar savvy friend or a beta to check over it for you if you like.

That's it. :) The story content is otherwise lovely, and I know I shall enjoy the rest of it.
flying turd chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Sorry to be annoying, but the Victorian era shouldn't exist in this story...its 1816, Victorian era starts in 1837, other than that, nice story so far
moongazer7 chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
Dear Readers Of This Piece

With ’s permission, I write this clarification. I had miss read this story, and thought she meant king when she said lord. So, I reviewed the piece with that in mind. My review is incorrect, and after I took another read through I got a clearer picture of the story. I don’t regret that review as we all make mistakes, but I ask for you readers who reads the reviews to not take my review for this story in to consideration for this story’s quality. Take it as a person who read it wrong. I hope you all understand.

I give you permission if you want to report my previous review, as I do not care of what you think of it.

In essence, please make your own judgements on this piece and don’t go base it upon my words. I think that you should do that anyways.

Rachel
moongazer7 chapter 2 . 12/12/2008
It’s fairly unrealistic. I don’t see the logic to your story. What exactly is your train of thought?

I would recommend not having the king take her in because it wouldn’t happen. The king although just a figure, and not of much use in England, still has his work. He needs to concern himself with the country. That keeps him busy enough. He also has to please guests, and such. A wounded lady is a bit too trivial for his care. He has the country to worry about and can’t specifically take in one lady. If one lady gets this treatment, why not all of the wounded ladies. I think the kings servants might call the hospital to take her away, but not take her in.

Waking the king is not such a good idea. The king is named “majesty for a reason. Being called Majesty is for respect and people respect him. People are polite to him and it’s their duty. They might not always bow to him, but there is a level of respect. To wake someone up like that is not only not a good idea but quite disrespectfull, and you would expect a king to be respected more. He also is expecting respect, and they know that something might happen if they disrespect him.

Now for a wounded person to be taken care of at that hour in the royal palace, although quite nice for a lady is not so nice for the King. They wouldn’t bother him with that. This is the royal palace we are speaking of, think in terms of the elite, not of the commoner.
Its.Not.Me.Its.You chapter 9 . 10/15/2008
love the story

cant wait for more

hope you update soon

-ifly*hugs*
A Freak Like Me chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
This is a good story...I wonder why it hasn't got more reviews...either way keep it up and update soon.
theslykit chapter 9 . 10/14/2008
i do like this story despite the enormous amount of spelling mistakes...and as a reviewer i am a bit too lazy to point all of them out..LOL. but hopefully you'll get them fixed! _ please update soon!
JMDering chapter 8 . 7/10/2008
Ohh man. I liked this chapter it was short and to the point. You have me at the edge of my seat now, with Emmerson and Wileman back!
d.e.lyons chapter 7 . 7/9/2008
Great story! You have a lovely writing style and I love the way you present your characters. Can't wait to read more!

Danielle
JMDering chapter 7 . 7/9/2008
I really love this story...it is interesting. I like how you develop your characters, and include plot twists like Charlotte...it was kind of unexpected and very engaging.

I can't wait for the next chapter.