Reviews for What Stares Back
Shirosaki-Rin chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
I see that there are more of us out there, those who see the world for what it is, those of us who have opened their eyes and stopped dreaming of a perfect ignorant reality, very accurate poem, I urge you to continue writing for it would be saddening to have such talent go to waste, I enjoyed it very much.

Yours truly,

Lamia
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 11/25/2007
Powerful piece here, Matt, and so true as well. You've always had a way of describing things - the second to last stanza being a perfect example. "Mindless, hollow shells of feeling" - amazing. *hugs*
Miz E. Mak chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
I like it.

You probably remember me from WinterMoon... well, my writing hiatus is over and I'm trying to catch up with people. Keep writing and feel free to drop me an email or cruise by WM sometime. Write on!
E. A. Tetje chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
Wow, how painful it is to see such an accurate discription of our society. You have, once again presented us with a thoughtful and to-the-point reality check in your poetry. Wonderful work. God bless
B. M. Reed chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
This poem says what I feel a lot of the time. I especially like the lines "Ironic, I feel,/Considering the blindness behind the lenses". The length of the poem is outstanding, you don't normally see many long poems any more. Overall I think this poem is very good and you have a definite talent for writing. )
Alpha de la Omega chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
HOLY F%#$ING CRAP! That was not only dead on but completely and perfectly written. It is so much the way I view life these days too. It is the fast food, MTV, thirty second sound bite philosophy that I despise so much. Well done. I would applaud and give you a standing ovation, but you couldn't see or hear me. Kudos!