Reviews for Latham Manor
Duckie Von Paigenheimer chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
... Chapter four... chapter four... I'm really needing a chapter five about now... Please... You can do anything! Chapter five will be wonderful! Write it...
nessie5 chapter 4 . 1/30/2008
Well, this is interesting so far. You have to wonder why the thugs at the gate just grab any person who happens to cross it and throws them in a dungeon (even if she tried calling somebody first). I'm really interested to know what the heck the "covenant" family stands for, and why they are for the Metcalf's. Also, (since I read the summary on your profile) why Olivia's crazy and what set her off when seh was with the tutor. it's still early in the story, but I'm wondering on who the love interest is going to be (the tutor?). Not to mention the ghost!

Now, for "Untamable" let me just say that I would love to read a sequel. After I read some stories I like, I picture scenes in which I would like to draw (this happens quite often). What came in my head was Diego on a horse with a little boy and Mercedes standing next to them with a baby. I'll probably never get around to drawing it, but it's got inspiration! lol. But yes, you kinda left some things open with a lot more desired. Jonas Burke and the fact that Diego's a free spirit, because I didn't buy that he would just stay perfectly content at home. The sequel is something I'll look forward to if you ever write it!

Anyways, can't wait to see the next chapter of this story! Update asap!

~nessie~
Eccthlacine chapter 4 . 1/13/2008
lovely story. My head is absolutely going wild with different ideas on what might really be going on- with Olivia, her tutor, and the bailiff. I can't wait to find out! Like it so far! Update soon!
C.F. Anne chapter 4 . 1/10/2008
Wonderful! It flowed very nicely and I can tell it is much better than the last version. Kudos to you! XD I hope you won't make us wait as long for another chapter. lol.
I. M. Anonymous chapter 3 . 1/9/2008
I've only read up to chapter two, but already i'm intrigued. Liesel's young and honest prose, aswell as your wonderful characterizations and dialogue make this a story I'm sure to revisit. I'm adding it to my favourites right now. :)
JazRox chapter 4 . 1/6/2008
This is a very good story, i liked the bit about the 'wild grandaughter' hope you update soon.
Duckie Von Paigenheimer chapter 4 . 1/5/2008
Alrighty. For starters - I loved your ending paragraph! Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. "By tomorrow morning she'll be herself again." Oh - superbly done. Use of a common phrase that has a hidden meaning - without being annoyingly obvious. Me like.

I do have to say - Short? Build like a dancer?- I nearly shed a tear :P

I loved the corset bit. I was thinking "This is dumb. Why's she being so stupid?" and then - Oh she's lightheaded and malnurished - Heh, not so dumb at all :P Me like. You wrote it very well.

One quick technical note: Tutor-Man-Who-Just-Happens-To-Be-Short-And-Have-A-Reference-To-Dance-Which-Brings-A-Short-Dancer-To-Mind-Which-Makes-Me-Want-To-Look-Sad says "Are you quite alright?"... And generally when you hear someone ask a question like, that it's sarcastic or exasperated - generally not very friendly - so the first time I read it I though "Geez, cool it bud". I'd drop the 'quite' to make it sound more genuine. Just my thoughts though.

Keep up the good work! Bravo!
S. Renee chapter 4 . 1/4/2008
Wonderful update of this chapter! It had a completely different feel from the original and flowed really nicely from section to section (especially the part with the zoo story that led into the exploration of the house). And I couldn't help but like the beginning, lol. With us both being such bed-bugs this week, it was especially hard to get up this morning for school. I wish I could have slept in as long as Liesel did! Can't wait to read the next chapter, Rai!
Gabby chapter 4 . 1/4/2008
This is a bit different from your other work, but i like it still. I can't wait to see where all of this mysteriousness goes.
chocaholic92 chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
awesome! This chapter was great, especially since I read the first writing of this story. It is written a lot more slowly and so progresses the story better, I think. There is more character development and stuff. I can't wait to read more of this...update soon!
LeenElle chapter 4 . 1/4/2008
I liked this chapter, especially the end when he says by tomorrow morning she'll be back to herself, so great, because of course I understand from reading the first attempt at this story, but if a person was reading for the first time, they would just take it to mean that she has the ability to sleep off her agitation, whatever it might be. I also assume he informed her of his love for her, but that also isn't apparent if you hadn't read. I think reading the second rendition is going to be interesting, almost like reading it for a second time, but different? Anyway, good chapter, looking forward to the next.
Kindali Sidera chapter 3 . 1/3/2008
I'm really interested in this story! I'm desperate to know what happens to Liesel as well as the prisoners! (And I can't wait to learn more about the ghost!)

Please update soon! I love your writing!

~Kindali
LeenElle chapter 3 . 12/19/2007
I really liked the chapter, and honestly, I remembered it differently, so it's either been a while, or you changed it enough to be refreshing to someone who has already read it. Now, as I said, it has been a while, but there seemed to be much more imagery, and a greater idea of the fact that there is a problem at the manor now that Alric is in charge. Sorry for the delay in my review, but I really liked the chapter and look forward to the next update!
starlight0039 chapter 3 . 12/18/2007
i love your story. i still like this chapter even if it was a bit the same as the previous one. good job! please update immediately! i can't wait to read the next chapter!
starlight0039 chapter 2 . 12/18/2007
good job! as i've said, i liked your re-write. please update immediately because i can't wait to read the next chapters and chapters that i haven't read yet.
45 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »