Reviews for Black and Blue
MockingJuliet chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
"Ugly marks no artist would claim"

A very touching line. This struck me as a mature poem. Some things you read and they have a serious subject, but the author handles it with corney lines, cliches and a child's attitude. I think it's original and very touching. You are obviously talented.
Scarlett Wynter chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
gave me chills...It's clever how you started off this poem so innocently with finger-painting and then moved on to the bruises of violence. "echoes of a child's secret" ...its so true. and so terrible. my heart goes out to everyone who has ever been in that kind of situation.

anyway, great job writing it, I like how the first letter of each line spell "black and blue" I haven't seen one of those kind of poems in a while.
Unknown Sorrow chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
Beautiful and yet, sad. Finger painting... I'm speechless in awe.
Glowing Aura chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Beautiful, yet sorrowful. The story tells itself perfecty. And I love the acronym. Did you do that on purpose, or did it really come out that way? Either way, it's a great poem. *FAVE*
h20pologirl chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
Oh my gosh! that is so sad! and Scary!
show.off chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
Poor child! I like your imagery in "BLACK" - if that makes sense. You also have good usage of ironic brightness (the description of finger painting colors against abuse). Sorry for laying down all the technical terms on you, but English class has gotten into my head.

Keep Writing!