Reviews for Borderline Sciolism
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
This is a stunning piece of work. To be honest I love the imagery you've created throughout the whole piece; but the impact and construction of the penultimate verse is divine. What is left to say after that but what you have in the last two lines.

Exceptional

F.C
Imaginary Strangers chapter 1 . 12/3/2007
I loved the situation you created. A little bit uncomfortable and superficially apathetic. I really loved it actually. I thought "silent scream" was a bit too dramatic, but that is just me. Everything else was wonderful.
Miz E. Mak chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
awesome... it flows yet has a rough, painful feeling hidden in it. great use of vocabulary and metaphor. just awesome.
Julius Gillian chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
Reading your poems is like a walk down memory lane. Doesn't it just suck when you feel like you're the main character and you feel this shit is supposed to be my life, but instead you turn out to be the maid or a person giving a service to the people you really love/d?

And control. I love being in control of myself and my envirnoment. I am a very patient person, that's one virtue I like about myself. But being human, I slip up and sometimes I hate waiting. I become like a child and think to myself how this is unfair. I don't want to see the whole picture! I want what I want 'now'!

I was on a trip this whole week so I didn't have much chance to write. Thanks for your most recent review, it made me happy. I went mountain hiking, visited ww ii POW's, visited a cemetery, and stayed out at a hotel where I was face to face with some of my own problems but guess what? Still nothing coming out writing wise. I have these phases where I don't write anything at all, and suddenly in other times you'll find I've updated something almost everyday.

It also sucks when you feel you have this person in your hands but they slip away. Not in a selfish way, but the way you're trying to get their attention to notice you. I'm thinking, hey, I know my faults but I know I can take care of you/treat you better than what you got/who you have at this moment.

'whatever' is almost as overused as 'lol'.

lol I have no usefullness or contribution left to give to the conversation so I'll type in a stupid acronyme. hahaha.

Hope to post some things soon, and I hope you write some things as well Juliet. You have a wonderful talent. I can tell you now it sucks to be a bit different, and it sucks worse when people can't understand you because you are different the way you are. You know? I've felt sometimes like I want to divorce myself from my talent and just be normal. What's wrong with normal besides being blissfully ignorant and not emotionally intelligent. Who really wants to enter a room and feel and think about the feelings, movements, and words someone else is saying and might be thinking? It's madness. It's poetry. It's life.

But enough of my rambling. I've written more in the past five minutes reviewing you than the two hours I spent trying to write poetry.

Take care of yourself :)

- Julian
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 11/9/2007
Wow. I am just in awe of how professionally this is put together. It's very elegant, sophisticated, and yet naive at the same time. I like that. There are some gorgeous lines in this: "like the sky/fainting in the presence of pietism," "I want to break the lines/from your face like clay," "our shadows buzzing/in the glass of each drape-drawn/window pane." The last one there is my favorite. I love that. Every word in this is perfectly placed, and has a great balance between the abstract and the real, ideals and realities. Gorgeous. Keep writing! :)
That Green Gentlewoman chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
oh my gosh, you reviewed my poem just as i was reading yours... that's cool! Anyway, this is really beautiful. It's so real, and i can truly relate to it. you have this eloquence when you write... i love it!