Reviews for Mary
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
I like the title... the name is great choice for the poem... the descriptions are great... and I love the ending
eighteen hundred chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
The second stanza is interesting to me; the structure of it. "What else could she want" structurally seems to be commenting on the idea that her mother is calling her dull when she is only a child, which is an interesting idea. But then it goes on, without any structural indication of change in track, to discuss her fineries and such, and then something that the girl is doing which isn't pleasurable, but which she is also unstoppable in doing. (As an aside, in the phrase "she will only cough quietly..." who "she" is referring to is not entirely clear). I'm not sure if the ambiguity that results from the structure has a purpose relatable to the first stanza, or even to itself, really, but it's interesting.
Visually-Addictive chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
I'm a little confused because there seems to be no structure to your poem because the sentences are rather short and some don't start with capital letters. However, I love how it was written.