Reviews for fringe
skyward squidly squee chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Wow, your style is amazing, and I love it! I found this poem really interesting, particularly the stanza about our wings.

Yeah, I really want to try and give you any kind of criticism I can, but your style is so different for me and I wouldn't know what to tell you about it. All I can say is, keep writing! :]

- giant squid.
Imminent Paradox chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
I decided to read another piece of yours and WOW... I don't even know. It's so... random, kind of, and yet, I love it! It's almost abstract, I want to say, but I don't know... I love how you form some of those works like "disintegrating" and the "moses!poses!roses!" It's pretty amazing Great job!
young and the reckless chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
oh lordy,

i love the beginning most.

and the formatting of "disintegrating" is epic.
Durandel chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
Very... random, but it actually came together in a cool and fun way. The format added effect on words effectively, and there really is not that much to complain about since this is such a unique poem.

The whole gist of it to me is like the thought process when assesing your life, how you have two groups of firends and write crazy speeches, its like you're summarizing some data in your head, pretty creative.

Fun poem

Durandel
t-t-t-ouch chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
Wow. This was so...so... I dont even know but I liked it!
english summer rain chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
i love you but i love this more. the tone is so very nice, the way the words are so broken up, yet flowing, yet argh and i like lower case letters too :)
all you need is oxygen chapter 1 . 5/16/2008
I love the format. My eyes were jumping around, which is strange, but I like it.

Most poems are boring. Yours leaves just enough to imagination, and has just enough movement.

Bravo.
Misstress Nicole chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
Is there a reason as to why some words are centered? The piece looks sloppy and disorganized the way it is. I'm not talking about the line breaks. I actually like they way it's broken up, gives it feeling and drama. I'm refering to the lack of capitalization. You may want it like that but it's my opinion that it'd look better with caps.

Otherwise I like it. It has feeling. Nice work.
012323232 chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
the way you separated (and fused) words/sentences was great. i want to hear you read this so i can really get the rhythm!
siphoned afterglow chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
wow, yeah, your format really intensifies the words in this piece. i really liked it. for me this was about falling apart and no one noticing. am i close? well i have my (wierd) way of interpreting things. i really liked this piece. lovely work
this is britt chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
I love it. I love it. I say this without fully being aware of it right now. but I loved the "FRIENDS"/"TALKING" subtitles- it was like, you know, those chapter changes in a dubbed-over movie. at some points you might need to work over some things, but overall this is beautiful, I think. you should be proud (all experiments don't work so well!)
CalypsoDreaming chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
It's kind of clear in a vague way, a way that requires you to think. I like it.

I really like this poem! I love the formatting, I think the words that are on their own in the middle really say a lot. I love how 'two/ groups of/ friends / who never meet' gives the impression of both the distance between the groups, and the distance between the narrator and their own friends. I also love the capitalised topics that the groups of friends talk about, it's kind of like the narrator telling him/herself 'decide what group you want to be in, dammit!', or maybe that's just me :).

I just love the line 'you're/ only the words you/ eat'. And great and poignant use of an over-used phrase that I heard most often when I was younger! Great job with this poem!
sweden chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
wow, you used the format very well. one day my teacher told me to write experimental poetry with a different format, but i failed miserably, haha. i only got 3 out of 5. but anyways, i'd give 5 out of 5 to you. it is vague, but it has the idea of someone in doubt, and when you finish, the last line confirms it. great work.
Chidori Nadare chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
Very creative format, I must say. Hm..it seems a bit vague to me but it's still very cool and original. Great job.

-C.N
Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
I think it's about someone who can't decide who they want to be and they're jumping back and forth between choices. Good job! I'm sorry. I thought I had returned your reviews, but I didn't. I get used to people coming to my page after I reviewed them. Oops. Thank you for your reviews! Good luck with poetry and life.

Twilight Starr