Reviews for ember
sylvia's syndrome chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
I am reviewing everyone who has listed me as a favorite author, as a small way of saying thank you for the support. So, here is my thank-you to you.

You definitely have a gift. This is a powerful, beautiful piece. Your diction is imaginative and it captures my imagination more fully than anything has in a long time. I don’t believe I can praise this enough. It’s elegant, it’s creative, it’s worth reading over and over. Keep up the great work!
smile for the sunshine chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
Again, intriguing. Mysterious. Yet somehow beautiful. Even through my lack of comprehension. I like your style. Your poems are turning out wonderfully. )
Nemonus chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
Very nice. I'm not sure if it's literal fire-breathing or a metaphor for poetry, but tis quite good. I like the description of the person as imperfect. This period "scorch curtains. echoes of ashes" and the one at the end of the stanza seemed to slow the rhythm down...if you can replace them with commas or something with more transparency, that may be better. Very good job.
Three Cheers for Eve chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
Ahh, is that the whiff of forensics competitions I smell in the air? I do believe so. And I also believe you met one of my very best friends; Billy? Tall, skinny, brown hair? The kid's awesome.

"crimson spread of embers glowing in his throat"

hands down my favourite line, it's so incredibly vivid it almost shocks you.

and I loved the ending.