Reviews for Waiting on the World
readlife chapter 26 . 4/19/2011
This is such a sweet story. I like the epilogue and how it loosely wraps up everything. The whole story was sweet and sour, but had enough of each to be a good story. I like how Noel was actually held at fault for her failed friendship with Emily, it made the story more realistic.
elma chapter 26 . 4/18/2011
Nice epilogue :) short- which is different- and devoid of kissing or babies or weddings- which is also different LOL but I liked it all the same (which is strange cos I was expecting to be bitter by its short length but your forewarning helped.. and just the fact that I liked it as it made it feel more... complete.. which is the whole point of an epilogue) Thanks for keeping your story up here! Great job on it! :D
elma chapter 25 . 4/18/2011
-exhale-

That's really what I feel like. I feel like I've been holding my breath throughout that whole last scene as he says "hate" and "love" and "yes" and "no" and only at the conclusion of the chapter am I able to release it and breathe easy again. You want some concrit? You have some wonderful one-liners! :) George I found especially funny. At the beginning, I was a little detached from the characters, I didn't know them well enough, a lot of the dialogue didn't feel like it was furthering the plot...Their imperfections made them so much more believable but how everything worked out, my inner moral conscience feels satisfied. As someone who's grown up in Australia, I really do appreciate all of the references! Just your intertextuality in general has made me laugh out loud/admire your general knowledge. I love epilogues. I'm so glad you included an epilogue. I shall go read it now!
elma chapter 23 . 4/17/2011
I think it works. Not badly too. Like instead of making Emily a two dimensional villain... you gave her a bit more depth. And like I think you're right. Sometimes it kind of is your(Noel, in this case) fault and you're the one that has to pick up the broken pieces of your mistakes (I'm also thinking Mean Girls.. LOL)

So it worked. I'm glad I stuck with the story :D
elma chapter 21 . 4/17/2011
That chapter made me laugh a lot :) You made canberra seem almost romantic :p the only memories I have of that place is a pathetic excuse for snow, questacon and parliament house LOL

by the way, is their school based on an actual private school in sydney? or completely made up? just wondering :D
elma chapter 18 . 4/17/2011
I'm so glad I'm reading it as a completed story. I think the tension and lack of ... resolve.. like lack of conclusions would just about kill me. LOL
elma chapter 12 . 4/17/2011
WOW- that was such an epic scene. So much action and drama. I loved it! Your chapter endings are usually my favourite parts :D

and I love how even though this is a "party scene" and who knows how many of those have I read... but I still can't predict what's going to happen! Which is great! :D
elma chapter 11 . 4/16/2011
just read the beginning. I just came through a hell-ish year 12 term 1 too LOL (I can empathise! :D)

I love how you integrated the flashbacks and how they connected (even through the dialogue!) with what's going on in the main story. Its really good! :)
elma chapter 8 . 4/16/2011
Again, the love Australian connections :D (mix 106.5 love song dedications haha :D)

why is she so mean to her mum though? sometimes I don't understand her at all. Like I don't know her at all as a character...
elma chapter 5 . 4/16/2011
The references to Australia (even its school subjects!) is so refreshing... Seriously. Nice ending :D

Although I hope I get to know the character's personalities better as the story progresses!
elma chapter 4 . 4/16/2011
Just wondering... why are they drinking? (champagne) Aren't they in high school and at a formal event with teachers and such present? :s
elma chapter 3 . 4/16/2011
I love how you refer to random things throughout. Home and Away! Hairspray! Israel and Palestine! At times the conversation feels a bit forced and well, without purpose... but towards the end you totally got me interested again! :)

By the way, he uses a pretty good vocab. I'm so happy :D And I hope he keeps that consistently throughout :D (he also reminds me of Rhett Butler from Gone With the Wind sometimes... but don't be too mortified. I just read the book and I'm seeing parallels everywhere LOL)
elma chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
This is me, now. 17. Senior. Still waiting for my life to properly start. Excited about uni but worrying whether the same mundane things that I did in high school will just be repeated in uni... I hope I like this :)
drats chapter 26 . 4/14/2011
Loved the story. It totally deserves more reviews and love.

You sure do like the movie references.

But yeah, it was great, a little dramatic at times (a lot) but it's expected. :)

Sometimes, it was hard to know who was the person talking, I would have to re-read the sentence a few times, then if that didn't help just guess, mostly this was in the second half of the story.

Lastly, George was my absolute favourite character! Why can't I have a guy who sprouts poetry whenever possible? He's awesome.

Happy Writing :)
i am a girl chapter 26 . 4/12/2011
WOW.

first of all, i would just like to point out that you have quite a large vocabulary.

secondly, i would like to say that i read your story in hopes of a great cliche, but instead i got a great masterpiece.

thank you for getting me through my summer break. hope to read more of your stories!:D

PS. you really taught me a vocabulary lesson. XOXO:))
467 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »