Reviews for The Rise and Fall of the Butterfly God
Written chapter 33 . 11/3/2008
noo :( I didn't want this to happen.

this was written really well. the length made the descriptions more powerful... love it. it's gorgeous but... heart breaking. I really didn't want this to happen. sigh...

ps, thanks for your reviews. I disagree, though. I think you use the form brilliantly... my piece never had a PLOT... :)
Written chapter 32 . 10/23/2008
I'm not saying this because I actually want you to read it (its crap) but I was inspired by you and tried to write a story using vignettes. see? you are inspiring! haha.

OH NO, IS THIS A CLIFFHANGER? at least tell me if she's running towards them or away from them. I'm thinking towards.

loved this one. you have a great talent for writing descriptive stuff, and this piece gave me a better idea of where autumn was. well done!

ps, if you want good reviews, you could always try playing the review game? after reading all the rules and stuff, of course.
Written chapter 31 . 10/21/2008
yay, you updated :)

The action sequence at the beginning is well done- you give just enough detail to keep it interesting and easy to follow. it's over shortly enough, and then we get that wonderful scene between Caia and Alex. I like the way you've contrasted Caia's levity (is that the right word? I am so sleepy) with Alex's more solemn attitude. the banter is sweet, as well as illuminating, since we see more of their characteristics shining through.

one grammar note: [and her other fighting skills is a joke.]

skills ARE a joke, right?

thank you for the great update! I really love these characters... I'm surprised how much I want to read more about Caia and Alex. Surprised, because you've done it all with vignettes. nice work.
Written chapter 30 . 10/14/2008
there's a lot of feeling here. love it.

sometimes I forget that min doesnt speak.
Written chapter 29 . 10/14/2008
I love the little sections about Autumn. they are almost poetic.
Written chapter 28 . 10/14/2008
wow. that was intense. I mean. yeah. I feel a little bad for him, but also relieved that he's gone.
Written chapter 27 . 10/14/2008
aww, they were so sweet! I hope the brother and sister can be reunited. I feel like alex would suffer if they did not.
Written chapter 26 . 10/14/2008
fascinating. I love the way you describe the BG and their ideas of mortals. and the end is very... good. It leaves me wondering what will happen.
Written chapter 25 . 10/14/2008
she makes for such a good villain! shes quite frightening.
Written chapter 24 . 10/14/2008
its interesting to see the tension between them even when they are young.
Written chapter 23 . 10/14/2008
I think you talk about the bandage on her hand earlier, right?

they are so cute. hum dee dum.
Written chapter 22 . 10/14/2008
uh oh. he's found her so easily? I mean, does Min realize?

I guess he cant bring himself to do it though, which is good.
Written chapter 21 . 10/14/2008
is her caretaker an immortal?

nice chapter. poor autumn!
Written chapter 20 . 10/14/2008
I wonder if they will find out why she fights?
Written chapter 19 . 10/14/2008
sigh. they are so into each other.

I liked this chapter. you do well with the descriptions and things like that, and the use of present tense is, as always, good.
57 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »