Reviews for Ice Dragons: The Tale of Stribog
WritersRule chapter 11 . 5/20/2018
Oh, I'm so happy you're back!

I totally understand about life and other writing projects getting in the way...but I'm gladto hear you're sticking with this story! I can't wat to see what's next! And I love the tighter bond between Stribog and his family...it's just allso good!
WritersRule chapter 10 . 11/7/2014
Oh you're back! That makes me so happy.

I love the Patron so much, and the change of scene from the Sanctum is nice; seeing the Great Migration first hand is a lovely insight. I hope to see more soon; happy writing.
WritersRule chapter 9 . 11/1/2013
Awesome, you're writing more! Very good chapter, flowed well and the characters are all well-written. Hope to see more soon!
WritersRule chapter 8 . 1/21/2012
A lovely piece of work! I really love the hiearchial status in the dragon clans, the relationships between the dragons, and the conflict is totally believable. Keep going!
Northern Weasel Tales chapter 3 . 12/20/2009
Wow, this was quite a leap from your other chapters. I wasn't expecting so much time to pass...but then again, time here is relative to the dragons, and since they live for so long, 5 years must seem like only a few months to them.

It is nice to meet some of the other young dragons. They are innocent and seem accepting of Stribog, and they all have different personalities, it was pretty fun to read. I expected Damon to be Altsoba's child from that name...all the makings of a troublemaker. Your other reviewer is right when they said these dragonlings echo "The Land Before Time."

I sense that something is going to happen and the parents are going to have to interfere. Let's see...
Northern Weasel Tales chapter 2 . 12/19/2009
Nice. You have done a good job portraying these characters as dragons, and not humans, which I have crossed in reading before. The only time where this seemed, for me, to break is when Atla says, "Hey Mariin..." near the end. The "Hey" seems out of place, the rest of the language of your older dragonesses much more elegant and properlike. But that is the only suggestion I have for this chapter.

I was as anxious as Mariin was, waiting for her single egg to hatch, and I respect Chyama greatly for having heart not to kill the child, as in many older (human) cultures, babies thought to be 'omens' were killed on sight. So in this way you are bringing human tradition upon these dragons...but it is unique enough and I think it only gives strength to your world and race of dragons. I look forward to the migration back to the North to meet the males and learn about their ways.
Northern Weasel Tales chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
Singer of Time, thank you for sharing your beautiful and elegant world. Your opening chapter is very visual, and you have chosen a setting that we are familiar with, yet still holds mystery. Already I have a great feel for the lives of your dragons, traditions, culture...You have successfully introduced Mariin as a very likable individual, and plenty of external/internal conflict. I really look forward to your next chapter.
R.B. Mackensie chapter 4 . 2/9/2008
Beautiful. You've ressurected all those old school cliches in an unbelieveable way...by giving them to dragons, and yet still being able to portray dragons as dragons. "The Land Before Time" - that's what the five friends remind me of, with their brave adventure through the "Walls of Death" (aka "the Mysterious Beyond")

I covet your first two chapters...for your mastery at world-building and cultural development...Characters: I've grown a sorrow for Mariin and an easy dislike for Altsoba, but what I really like is that you've implied that she has a 'reason' for being the way she is, which just goes to shoot most other writers - who pin "Evil"TM onto their characters without giving them real motives or backdrops to execute their emotions from - in the ass.

By the end of chapter four, the character I am most drawn to is Kybar, despite knowing, really, not very much about him. The Loner is one of my favorite character types. I have my own lone dragon though surely for reasons completely different...From Orron breaking off Kybar's horns rather than killing him, to Mariin bearing just one egg...both Braka's and Stribog's stories have earned their place on my shelf.

(And, oh yes, I love the pinguins!)
Spirithunter chapter 2 . 12/2/2007
This is great. You do a great job of looking into the dragons' minds and making them act like actual dragons should. And you use correct grammar to boot! *applauds "It is I"* I love it when I can't find anything wrong with a writer's grammar. It brings hope to the English language. :P

I like dragons, so finding good stories about them always makes me happy. Stories like these help me get a better idea of what they might be like were they real. Congrats! *favorites*