Reviews for I Am A Flyer
Remnae chapter 7 . 12/26/2015
Part II of chapter 7 review. Dread the sensitive iPhone screen that submitted my review before I was finished (must. write. long. reviews).
At least we learned a little about the Talons in this chapter via Suil: only two people are in the Talon guild. Gray and another stranger. I'm curious as to what their specialty is in the flyer society? Suil said that Dep. 8 was reconnaissance and so that means that Jett has a "special purpose" as a Talon. Does being one of the two Talons cause Gray to be the way that he is: Lazy and apathetic? Who knows. I guess I'll have to wait and find out.
Thank you for posting!
Remnae chapter 7 . 12/26/2015
When Jett started to run, the soundtrack from the respective scene of The Lion King immediately started to play in my head. Since I don't think he could've been that fast previously from running with deer, I think that whatever the doctors did to him is starting to kick in? I don't really know the... perks that come with being a flyer nor do I know the average physical capabilities. Maybe he is just an inhumanly fast runner? Usain Bolt! Ahem, anyway. Doesn't Jett remember that he has a tracker on him and that Gray would immediately notice that he's escaping?
Remnae chapter 6 . 12/26/2015
The big-brother figure appears! I doubt he plays a larger role though... I really am heartless. When Nibran's boy died, I thought that Gray chose the wrong kid. And if the doctors think that Gray has a messed up mind, what does that make me? Ack.
I'm curious if the captain (the doctor that appeared and commanded everyone to get back to work instead of gossiping like a bunch of salon hairdressers) will appear again? Is it bad that Gray has no intention of actually training, much less even helping Jett to become a flyer? Especially with their dwindling numbers, one would think that a higher officer will catch on to Gray's actions and try to punish him for his carelessness. Maybe this is that caring of a facility?
Thank you for posting!
Remnae chapter 5 . 12/26/2015
I'm conflicted. One one hand, I'm really tired go Jett falling unconscious (c'mon! We miss all the details and plot points when you aren't awake to witness it). While on the other, I'm really proud that Jett upped his game and fought his way out of the predicament and surprised Gray. At least, I know what a flyer is now.
Remnae chapter 4 . 12/26/2015
Does it make me a cruel person if I started laughing when Gray opened his mouth and flat-out requested that Jett just lie down and die? (The doctors were right - he really is a lazy person). I really love his character and it's only the third chapter. Most mentors would be the over-caring and understanding big-brother figure to the protagonist but NOPE. Not Gray! Oh gosh, I'm going to love this. Maybe Jett will grow a backbone and strive to prove Gray wrong? Just to get on his nerves? I look forward to reading more!
Remnae chapter 3 . 12/26/2015
Hmm, I wonder if Jett will really be grateful that Grey took him away. It's obvious that he's in something resembling a training facility but what really makes me curious is if Grey is a higher power in the facility or not. The doctor's called him a Talon, so I'm guessing that the strange markings on the other boys cheeks label them as well? I can't wait to find out how this society works. As always, thank you for posting!
Remnae chapter 2 . 12/26/2015
Since in the prologue, (assuming it was) Jet had a handgun, which means advanced technology; so color me surprised when in this chapter, they live out of huts and use a bow/arrow (and not even a crossbow at that) and a dagger to hunt.
The only thing that "poked my eye" this chapter was the short backstory of his mom. At first, I thought it would've been best that you had left it a mystery. Not for the sake of creating suspense/some mysterious background for the main character, but that it just didn't seem necessary at the time and almost felt like a cliche. It didn't really fit. BUT, now that I've read the whole chapter, it does make sense to mention her early on and explain what has happened to her. So, c'est la vie. I guess it makes sense in such a... less advanced village. And I will just say... Jett is so short! For a sixteen year-old male that hunts anyway. You'd think with all the protein he gets that he'd grow taller... I'm sorry I post such long reviews.

Thank you for posting! A great first chapter that immediately draws me in!
Remnae chapter 1 . 12/26/2015
Oh wow. I really did not expect that ending. The reason I clicked on this story was because the title was so intriguing (just what exactly is a Flyer) and I am really glad that I did. Syntax, grammar, diction, etc., it all draws me in as a reader. It's also relieving that you referred to his father as a monster, instead of overusing pronouns and cliche/vague terms. Anyway, enough of my rambling; I'm excited to read your story and I can't wait to read more!
Oh, and I'm sorry that people had been copying your work and posting it on another site.
Guest chapter 52 . 11/20/2015
after reading the interview i wonder why you don't write comedies... you're pretty good at it
sanhattori chapter 52 . 6/14/2015
Thanks for sharing this story. It's amazing!
Rachel Revkah chapter 2 . 12/22/2014
You mentioned that Jet Dropped the deer, however He didn't fetch it. If the man was heavy and it took Jet a while to drag him up the hill, He would have to run back to fetch it. He had no time either, in order to fetch it that requires time, it seemed as if Jet was in a hurry to protect the man. Perhaps you can detail a small scene where he goes to retieves the meat. It seemed to have magically appeared when he returned to his hut.
Rachel Revkah chapter 3 . 12/22/2014
Hello Jacquie:

I am re-reading and re-thinking about I am a flyer. I desire to point out a minor detail in this chapter and in the last one you had jet strategizing and building. This only doesn't seem as he's the type to be strategic or methodical. If anything Jet seem simple, and from what I recall from the rest of the story his thinking isn't quite the ssharpest. Jet doesn't seem the type to be intuitive. I would think he did it routinely.
Guest chapter 51 . 12/7/2014
So I just finished this, and this is honestly one of the best stories I have ever read! I loved it so much, words can't describe how amazing it is! I really like the way you write and I love the characters, especially Raven :) You should be so proud of this, I know I would be if I wrote something as good as this! So thank you so much for writing this story, and maybe hopefully it'll get published some day?! :)
Kinen chapter 5 . 11/18/2014
I laugh at Gray's predicament. It's hilarious to me that he chose someone who wants to live when he thought he picked someone who would die. chapter 13 . 10/23/2014
I adore Raven so much! Just reading the parts he speaks in this chapter makes life just so much better, haha. Hm. . .maybe since I'm back in art class you can get a little bit of fanart. If that happens, you'll be sure to see a link to it in your Inbox ;)
249 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »