Reviews for Parody: A Working Definition
Vivace.Assai chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
I should have read this first before I read "Guide to Thinks a Fantasy Author Should Never Do." Because now, I'm icing the wounds created from my ignorance (as you've probably noticed if you've read my other reviews prior). Not that I gave you an angry review (if you haven't read the reviews yet). Just because I was simply too gullible.

Anyways, it was a good lesson and this is an interesting essay on parody. Your humor in these essays are great though - I can just imagine someone reading this essay to me with personality. It's much more fun than the other bland essays.

Signing off...
LittleLoser.AndRoloLamperouge chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
reading something tagged 'parody' when they're not(or at least, with little humor at it) are something like:

'hey, isn't that a waste of time?'

or should say, 'can't you put another another label instead?'

...
Tranquil Thorns chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
'tounge in my cheek' - did you mean 'tongue'? P

'does't really know' - doesn't?

'I see you point' - your?

Anywho, good piece of advice! I loved that last line ('if not by the author, then by you'.)
One Deranged Scribbler chapter 1 . 1/24/2008
This is kind of nice. I'm not sure exactly how I came onto this, but it's refreshing to see someone acknowledge that even bad parodies are made funny by their reviews. (Most of the time anyway.) On the other hand, I once wrote a serious "parody" of something that was originally funny, so I suppose rarely it can work both ways... Either that, or I'm just a total mood-killer. HUZZAH!

Anyway, good points. It's nice to have a reminder to just sit back and laugh.

-O.D. Scribbler
fatbird33 chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
oh good informing people on parodies. huzzah!
xrolipolix chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
*Grins sheepishly* Guilty, guilty! Why didn't you post this THEN Guide to Things a Fantasy Author should Never Do? :P