Reviews for In So Many Words
LoveAntiquity chapter 17 . 7/21/2011
I'm glad he found Michiko and how he felt Claire with him - happy for him. Thank you for posting your stories. I've enjoyed both this and 'Island Olivier.' I think how you express the comunication two people can have without talking is beautiful. It has made me wonder about you though. Do you have a partner who speaks a different language? Or is it a different influence that makes you write such a theme? I'm aware that I propably wont ever know your answers, but I felt like asking none the less.

Take care, Lara :)
On The Tip Of My Tongue chapter 15 . 6/30/2010
I'm so sad right now. D:

The first story with the main character named Claire, hopefully after yours truly, I could find and she DIES. D':
InkWitch chapter 17 . 6/27/2010
That was so beautiful. Really. Truly. The ending was just right too. As in, you know, Jae meeting Michiko and seeing Claire in her. Like first love repeated only in another person. Does that make sense? Oh my God, this story is really really good... it makes me think of hope and love and the ability to love again. Like there's not just one soulmate out there.

This is inspirational. Thank you. So much.

FAQ: Did Claire have cancer or something? What exactly was her disease?
EverEverAfter chapter 17 . 1/14/2010
That's a very intense story you wrote there. There were some parts there when I wondered if I could handle more. The pain and grief were catching. You did a very good job. My favourite part is Jae's concert, when they dance together. I've never been to a concert before, but that's exactly the kind of energy that I imagine exists between the performer and the audience.
miss-ellen chapter 17 . 12/16/2009
Wow, so you had me crying, even though I've read this before (must've been years ago now...). I can't help thinking what an awesome movie this would make, about the mistakes and dealing with the pain of watching someone you love die... Sigh, beautiful, truly beautiful.
kaw97 chapter 17 . 2/9/2009
Well, I guess I should've read this chapter before I reviewed the last chapter and talked about not being afraid to talk about religious beliefs. LOL

This was a great ending. Very uplifting! Definitely full of hope.

I wonder if this story would work as a long one-shot? Actually, with all the short chapters it was like a long poem in a way and very beautiful. It moved so fast and there wasn't a lot of action - just a lot of thoughts. Maybe poetry was what you were going for.

Anyway, great job, I loved it!
kaw97 chapter 16 . 2/9/2009
I don't think you need the disclaimer. It is perfectly normal for anyone, religious or not, to think and talk about those things when faced with death. Besides, even if she had "converted" to some belief on her deathbed, why do you have to apologize for that or give a disclaimer? She is a character in a story and is allowed to have whatever beliefs she wants, just like Van and Renee had strong beliefs.
kaw97 chapter 11 . 2/9/2009
This chapter was like a poem. Beautiful.
This account is no longer chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
Lol.

I like your Penname. :L

Cause it has my name in it. :D

*hinthint* Elise.

( Not fey ) ;)
talesoftrepidation chapter 5 . 9/23/2008
hm...i like that she writes on the back of the note, but i wish she had commented more on what she felt about him coming back. i mean, she's looking to the past which is great, but what about the amazingness that is his return? i sure would be psyched about THAT.

all the same, these short chapters treat you well. you do a good job of putting enough in them to continue building character and yet not overload the reader. it's a good pace and they flow well.
talesoftrepidation chapter 4 . 9/23/2008
haha, i love the "fighting" reference. i now want to watch full house again and revel in its greatness (though it's likely that this came from somewhere else and that's just the only place that i know it from).

i like his awkward english, but i'm having a really hard time figuring out claire. is she trying to be optimistic about her fate or is she truly happy? does she have bouts of fear, or has she really come to terms with it? how does she manage to be so nonchalant in front of him? though i guess that's encouraged by the first person narrative from jae's pov, it really seems like he is a bundle of nerves and she is just...whatever. but it seems like it should be reversed? i guess stars can be like that too. it just sits strangely with me that he is so excited about her and so genuine. maybe i am a pessimist.
talesoftrepidation chapter 3 . 9/23/2008
ooh, so he came to see her? exciting!

this is a good depiction of grace. i like the uneasiness that you're portraying here - grace's reluctance to broach the topic of claire's death, and claire's sort of haphazard, joking reference to it. i still wish i had more info on the characters, though, to really get settled in this state of first person narrative. i'm sure that it'll get better as the story goes on.
talesoftrepidation chapter 2 . 9/23/2008
the first person is very interesting here. i guess i'm having a hard time getting into his thoughts mostly because i don't know very much about him yet. i'm not sure whether he is honest with himself and so i can take all his thoughts at face value or if he is sort of playing with me and i should be taking them with a grain of salt. the first person also makes it seem kind of clipped because the scene is described to be so surreal that you almost want to hear a narrator talk about it from afar.

that said, the clipped nature of the first person also helps create this sense of sudden change...his thoughts are begrudging towards claire at first, as if she is this sort of annoyance that he is obligated to deal with, but then it becomes clear that he is fascinated, if not partly infatuated with her. first person allows you to avoid explaining it, and makes it much more valid as a just-is sentiment, which is great.
talesoftrepidation chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
hey! i'm back on the review scene!

i love your romance (esp. inter-racial)...my boyfriends russian and i'm chinese, so i definitely feel that sentiment.

the letter is interesting and i'm excited to see where this is leading. i am also going to google this man and i have the sneaking suspicion that he is a heartthrob. reading on!
Birds and Boats chapter 17 . 8/29/2008
god you had me sobbing, but i knew what i was getting into when i read the summary. It was really good, uhm, time for some lame encouraging statement, how about "keep it up"
161 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »