Reviews for Misplaced Anger
Luna Turner chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
I actually had a very vivid mental image while reading this.

That's how I feel when I'm so angry I can't control it.

You expressed it very well, and in a way that makes a lot of sense.

~Luna Turner
Chasing Skylines chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
I liked this poem. It's easy to relate to a real life situation (I thought of domestic/spousal abuse, in this case).

I liked the emotion conveyed through lines like "resounds in my ears and I can't force it out," "Screams chase me," and the last stanza; they all made for a powerful piece.

- Review Marathon, link in profile.
May Elizabeth chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
This poem is powerful. I really liked it. Misplaced anger is one of those things that happens but it hurts when it's you. Peace.
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 7/25/2008
Congrats on winning the Review Marathon! Here is your second prize review:

I like the personification of the anger in this poem. It makes the fear of it feel realistic and puts the reader in the mind of the narrator. I also liked the first and last lines. They were both sort of solid statements about misplaced anger, while the rest was more abstract and poetic. I like the contrast there.

It felt weird to me that all the stanzas ended with the end of a sentence, but then the second to last one continued on into the last stanza. I'm personally more for structure, so if you don't agree, then that's perfecctly fine.

Amazing work as always!
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
[The second prize review.]

Not bad; the emotion is conveyed well through phrases like "flailing arms" and "I can't force it out".

It does seem to me to be overall a little flat. I think more elaboration and metaphor/simile/imagery would improve it and keep it from seeming too prosaic. I can also see how adding some more words to the poem would give it more impact.

~Adrian
lymli chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
omg it reminds me of everytime I get mad a lot! I can relate to this and it's very stressful when you don't want to be angry but you can't take the control.
SickButPretty chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
I like this poem, it's strange, like it signifies feeling dissociated from your own feelings. I sometimes feel like that. Oh and ps how did you get the paragraphs to work? My lines have run all together for my last poem. And the ones before that I think...

I will review some other poems since this one is short.
Nemonus chapter 1 . 2/3/2008
Interesting concept. Ah the curse of the kind, to be plagued by other's problems? That's what I get from it, anyway. Your wording is clear, as I said before. Good work.
lordelfy chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
Wow great images here! This is really sad that stuff like this happens; taking out the anger on someone else. Great write
THROUGHTHESEEYES chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
Welcome back! If only we all could remember the last 2 lines! Such insight expressed well!
Blissfully Sarcastic chapter 1 . 12/6/2007
It was a nice /idea/, but the flow was off; it seemed pretty choppy.

Nonetheless, it was still a pretty good read.
multiples of six chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
This is sad. I like it; nice job.
Princess-anna57 chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
Interesting concept. I like it. :) I understand this poem because I can totally relate. Great job! Write on.

~Anna~ _
Moon-Chaser chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
Wow, I like the way that you wrote this poem, I can relate to misplaced anger, there is a lot of it in my family. I'm glad that you are back to posting poems, you are very gifted at it.

Keep it up.
angelgirl212 chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
this was a good poem you express emotion. Your a great writer!