Reviews for Twisted Tragedy
Abbytjie chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
I really like this, but the first two lines seem deep and meaningful, but the last line is sort of dismissive and doesn't match the tone of the rest of the poem.
TragicDreams chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
I REALLY like it. I don't know what else to say but I can picture you saying this in a converstion with someone though. :)
Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
I love it! :D I really like the title. Nice work.

Twilight Starr
Masked Soul chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
I like it. The first line works well in how you separated the letters of broken with the periods. Another thing I like, I don't know if you did this on purpose, is the bolding of the word broken. I like it because when you think of the word silhouette, you think of basically the black shadow of something and for me the word broken reinforced silhouette because of the bolding. Nice job.
Yellow Umbrella chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
Great haiku, beautiful descriptions, but the last line seems to become too unformal (I am not explaining this well) as if you are a schoolgirl (which is ok if that's how you want it to sound) but it could be more profound and dark if you changed it a bit.

(Just a suggestion)
XsilentXescapeX chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
Really nice. I liked it alot and i LOVED the title!

silent
Mad Asher chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
Er..was quite confused about the basis, when you say 'quite tragic', are you referring to the words or the lies? Or both? Also I don't see a connection between broken silloutes and twisted words, but they're both kinda ruined, I suppose. The pretty lies has a nice meaning to it, I think. I'm probably going too much into this, sorry. Nice piece overall.
The Reverse Edge Blade chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
That's a very emotional piece; I liked this! The way you'd parted the word broken was powerful, and I liked the words you used! This will go in my favorites! Keep at it and write more!

The Reverse Edge Blade
S. Ben Beach chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
the last line really makes this haiku sweet. others probably have mentioned but the "quite" and "really" made it stand out.. the format is a great idea. this caught me surprised actually.. short but very much thoughtful. keep it up! :)
tearing hands chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
The first two lines are good but not particularly insteresting or special. It's the last line that makes this a good haiku. "Quite" and "really" make it so that the poem could be read as sarcastic or ironic, and that gives the haiku a whole new meaning.
Definition chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
Ah, I really do admire this style of writing, when one literally portrays certain words for what they really are. Twisted is really looking twisted, and broken is literally and obviously, broken. The representation is great.

Also, the last line makes me smile. It seems faintly sarcastic, perhaps even bitter...the words 'quite' and 'really' throw the entire meaning of this haiku to another level. Really nice.
Random-Idiocity chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
Great haiku. I might just have to add this to my favorites. Keep it Up!
Relish The Mind chapter 1 . 12/20/2007
I like this haiku, and I don't know about the other people, but I like how the last line simply stands out with it's wording from the others.
Writer of Eternal Stories chapter 1 . 12/20/2007
Awesome! I love the formating you did with broken and twisted. It fits them both and adds more of an impact to the haiku. I'm a fan of doing that sort of thing with my poems, but I understand why it bugs some people. I love how the last line plays with everything else well. Good job :)
Midnight In Eden chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
I have to admit, the formatting bugs me. I think it's because I've read so many poems that use it without A) having a reason or B) letting their words speak for themselves. I think here you're doing both. The first two lines aren't bad because they work on their own but the last line, it just doesn't give the reader the best climax. It's something we already know already and you haven't given us anything new. Try to think of what is new about those images...

Midnight