Reviews for A bad thing
kyox88 chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
never fail to amaze me! love how you connect salivation and salvationlovely
fatbird33 chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
very powerful poem. i can definitley feel all of the emotions.
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
Uncertainty; recognition; self defeat and being defeated. Sexual congress, worth, worthlessness and Indulgence. Propping oneself up as things intensely try to drag us down if we allow them to. There are so many nuances here in your work that it would take an age to fully transpose it.

All I can say is; this as ever, holds up in your collective works.

Very Well Done

KEEP WRITING!

F.C

Sorry I've been away from the scene for a while but I have a couple of newer pieces up that hopefully you'll enjoy.
Julius Gillian chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
Hey Juliet,

Is there any other means we can communicate than the review board?

You don't have to apologize for not reviewing me you silly goose. But I appreciate the gesture. I'm going through some difficult times too. Basically this guy was talking shit to his girl, like I implied in my latest poems, and then got back together again the following day. Moreover, almost got in a fight when the girlfriend told him what I had been saying to her that was initially advice. Amazing how that backfired. So he tries to act macho and is 'keeping' an eye on me. As for her, the girlfriend is just not talking to me or him about relenting. All pretty much bullshit.

And yeah, bigger guys think they can push me around because of my size. Adults behaving like children; rying to finish examinations, five or six to go, unsure because my teachers fail to give out schedules and probably won't because they're unorganized. I'm in love with this girl, but she's already in a relationship. However, when I ask her about it she says she's not. So when I'm with her she seems to be 'on the fence' because I'm letting her know my intentions. I think she's lying, either that or she's unsure of herself. So I don't know if I'm complicating things or if she's being stupid. I've always been in boarding schools so we have a limited selection of people to pick of the opposite sex. This is due to the small sizes of students we get. Roughly 500-600.

Good things in life: i'm moving back to america soon, rest of family is coming here for christmas, and I get to have a break from the human race. The dark side anyway. Thinking of majoring in journalism, psychology, anthropology, and or biology. I want to read and write more.

I hope you can get through those dark hours. what's going on anyway? Don't let the stupid humans get under your skin Juliet :(

I would write more, but I have tests to prepare for. If nothing else works, I suggestion meditation. I'm an active Buddhist, so in my opinion it's beneficial, but it's just advice in your case. Become one with the universe and be at ease... or at least relinquish stress :P

- J
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
It's always a drag when you realize someone close to you means nothing to you. The opening of this poems was relatable to me, as it reminded me of a couple stuck in a rut. Worse still, when one half decides they're sick of it and the other is content to waste time doing nothing. This poem makes me think of someone slowly coming to terms with the fact that they have outgrown someone.

Amazing and honest work, Juliet.

Peace, Daze
hardcore chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
the last line is beautiful, as is the paragraph before that. very honestly written- i really liked it!
Julius Gillian chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
'You thought you could really make me moan, I had better sex all alone.' - Frankie

There's a very pitiful mindset that guys have (in my opinion) when it comes to women. Even I'm not exempted from this. Seems that when a guy sets himself out to find a women, he pictures her as dependent on him. That's the first mindset, and then the next is her being relient on him (always). As long as she sees him in the perfect light, everything is al right. "I'm a very fair and honest person" they'll say, but you realise what someone says and what someone does is totally different. I don't understand though why intelligent women choose to go out with 'boys' half their intelligence. I just got over a major fight with this person's boyfriend for trying to help out in a difficult relationship. I mean, I thought I saw a breakup. He threw the ring he bought her a year ago away in front of her face, and he blatantly told her he did not want her anymore. Tomorrow they're back together. Wtf? I don't understand my generation. Well it turns out he was begging on his knees for her to come back and she didn't know what to do. The most amazing thing with the 'teenage' mind it seems is to absolve differences and forget things very very quickly. Maybe I should learn from that? I remember things too much.

I think this is beautiful Juliet. Hope you get better days, even if the guy you're with is starting to become a drag. Life is too short to waste in sorrows :)

Hopefully the Christmas spirit will get me into a writing mood again. I need to get out of my writer's block, even though I wrote two new poems I don't think they came out properlly. Does the words 'writers block' still creep you out? I would think 'high school' would give you more chills than that. Or whatnot.

Take it easy,

- Julian
4tehlessthan3of0scoreintennis chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
I had to keep rereading this to understand, but that was really good. Write on.
White Tea and Ginger chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
Favorites.

One of my favorites of yours.
Doxology chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
amazingly beautiful as always. another favorite.

peace and love

h.p. warble
heresyisforlosers chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
love it.

s.t.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
then just lay...than

I like the three ations a lot.. and the line about wearing your mind as an accessory
Pillow Biter chapter 1 . 12/7/2007