Reviews for everyday
fatbird33 chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
YES! i'm definitley against abortion, and i'm very passionate about it. this poem was beautifully constructed and written and showed abortion and it's consequences. great last line:)
remythirteen chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
I love this so much. Such a powerful subject, and you display it with honesty and reality. (I'm part of the pro-life group at my school, so abortion is a huge issue to me). Something about the style, too, just grabs me. Nothing short of amazing.
BeautifulDisaster1718 chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
I think this is good. I agree with Ashelin, I do not think people support abortion as much as they support the choice. I used to think that abortion was something we couldn't take away but I heard someone say something that changed my mind. I do not think it should be taken away but I do feel that it needs some type of limits. That is what is so hard about it I think. I, however, do not think anyone has the right to judge a person based on their choices(good or bad) because their are people out their who are raped(and should not be forced to carry through with it) and then there are people who make the choice to have sex but they do not think they will get caught and when they do they panic. I know someone who got an abortion but not because they wanted to but because if they didn't their father would have killed them(literally). She was only 14 and had an abusive father and was looking for love in all the wrong places. I, tuhtfully do not know how I feel because to this day the girl regrets her decision but imagine having your father beat you to deaht or kick you out. Yes she should have thought about it before but sometimes people don't think. Abortion is a horrible thing, no matter what, but I don't know if taking it away is the right thing.

Anyway, I liked your poem because it showed the possible consequence(likely consequences?) of an abortion. Aslo, I am not saying that you were making judgements. I think that is wy I like your poem because it was not judgemental it just stated facts. Hope to read some more stuff by you btw. Sorry for the long review also.
smile for the sunshine chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
that was so very true. i research abortions last year for a project. i am opposed to them too. i think that permitting abortion in our country is permitting murder, but if we don't give women "their rights" we have supreme court arguments. i am a female and i dont think i need a right to choose. it's not up to me to determine whether a life should live or die.

in the words of a good friend: "if you are old enough to have sex; you are old enough to take care of a baby."

nice work. )
shadow-of-a-trackless-sea chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Wonderful. I do not agree with abortion either, I am totally against it. For a while I thought, well if you are rapped or something but really not even then, it is and always will be murder. Very powerful and amazingly written, so realilistic. Very nicely done. S.S.
dollface and her cancer chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
it's a good piece, i think the italics take away in some parts, namely, "relieved" and "fun" at the end. the most powerful part, mainly because it lacks any judgemental feeling, is the second stanza, "alphabet soup, pink tutus". [and, as a side note, i don't think anyone supports abortion. people support the choice. not the act.]
Ashelin chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
Wow, that was absolutley beautiful. Not only technically, but emotionally and everything. It was wonderful. I agree with you whole-heartedly. Wonderful, wonderful job.