Reviews for Our Plea
Wolf Wonderer chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
This was... really good. This was artistic, definitely, and the flow was nice, as well.
Begley chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
Well, I just want to say before I attempt to decipher it: you spelled out "sonlight," not "sunlight." I'm wondering if that spelling error could possibly be purposeful...?

But anyhow, the poem seems to be self-explanatory; you're describing a woman, who comes down from her singing and dancing: I think she's singing and dancing because she's passed. The reason I believe so is because you say "worldy" and "feeble," meaning that she's been through such things, and has dealt with such things from time and time again in her own life, and so, she sympathizes with the narrator; this is also proof that she's coming down from Heaven, because her sympathy is a sign of a virtuous characterization.

Also, I was wondering about the latter of the lines, where the woman being described by the narrator is asking to have Angel sent. You say "Angel" at certain points, and not just 'angel;' perhaps "Angel" could be the name of a character in your story. But yeah, that's just my little commentary on the whole thing.
Lady Knight 1512 chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
Wow. That was really nice! It's from a Di/John story right? I bet it is. Sounds like the sort of thing Di would write. It's a very pretty sort of poem, but there's this ... sadness underlying the words. I really like it. Perhaps you should dabble in poetry more?

Marie
Le Cosmonaute chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
Good poem for a not-usually-poet.

The repetition is very well done. In some places, though, the rhymes sound forced, like how worry comes twice in a row, how the first four lines rhyme and then you split into couplets, and "floating to knees" sounds odd. Otherwise, good work. You should try writing more.

Pathetically, I assume, I can not guess what it's about. John and Diana?

Is there a reason the word is "Sonlight"?
Cass Boothe chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
I'm not a poet either, but I like it.
under the influence chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
very nice...it's funny, I used to be a huge poetry writer, but ever since I discovered story writing, I let it fall away.
Frore chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
I like this. The ending line was particularly nice. ) "Sunlight," by the way, not "Sonlight," but that's just a nitpick. Keep wrtiting!