Reviews for The Curse of the Hound
Samantha Marie Haven chapter 13 . 5/28/2008
wow. i'll admit i really wasn't expected Arlington to turn into something. but wow...awesome, all the same!

and i have to say something really weird...i had a dream a long time ago about this boy who turned into a hairy killing machine and all the doctors were afraid of him, but then this girl came (actually the character was me) and managed to help him. When he got upset r sth he changed into that monster thing. and killed anyone it his path though, it was serious. lol random, i know, but it just seemed very similar to this, and i was like..."hey!" weirrdd.

anyway, good stuff u got here! i think i've said there's lack of description before, so just brush up on that. the plot is so intriguing that clever description will only add even more. i'm keeping up on this one either way! ur style is quick, and perosnally i don't see a problem with that. it suits the type of story well. :)

happy writing!

Samantha Marie
MoonfireSpam23 chapter 13 . 4/30/2008
:O

Update. Now. Not later.

(this is a rushed review... I've said what needs to be said in previous reviews.)
MoonfireSpam23 chapter 12 . 4/28/2008
Heh, we're playing a song in orchestra called Arlington Sketches. :P

Nim went into panic mode. “Holy schnitzel! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Should I call 911?”

Holy WHAT? (giggles)

If you don't update soon... I dunno, I'll... Cry.
MoonfireSpam23 chapter 11 . 3/20/2008
Woah, that was unexpected.

A way to improve your character description is to add their emotions onto sentences and actions.

EX: “Yeah,” was all he said.

My version: “Yeah,” was all he said, looking away. Nim looked closer to see him slightly shaking and his eyes were dark with remembering.

Just a thought. :)

Great chapter, but I'll hunt you down if you leave us like this for too long (kidding of course).
firefairy27 chapter 10 . 3/13/2008
Dun dun dun.

Evil, why would you do that to us? We're finally getting to the real point and chapter break. Rawr. Update soon.
MoonfireSpam23 chapter 10 . 3/12/2008
OMG, an update! Yays!

“Do you guys want to grab a bite? The hot-dog vendor on the corner has really good food, if that kind of stuff’s alright for you guys.”

You guys was repeated too many times.

ZOMG, the title! (sorry about the chat speak, I have a 5 page essay I should be doing... *shudders*)
MoonfireSpam23 chapter 9 . 2/15/2008
The one thing that interests me the most about this story is the fact that the former recluse (aka Arly) is so... outgoing. Most people like him are so quiet.

I think this has the potential to be the best story on this site- you just need more description! (Don't worry about it too much though- I have the same problem)
firefairy27 chapter 9 . 2/15/2008
Good chapter; I like Lane

Update soon!
Cass Boothe chapter 8 . 2/14/2008
“Even when I was old enough to know that was B.S., I still wasn’t allowed.”

The idiom B.S. would probably not be in Arlington's vocabulary. He would only know words that he learned as a child and those the Dr. and the servants around him used.

I like this story idea, and am enjoying reading it.
firefairy27 chapter 8 . 2/5/2008
Ah! No! It ended! T_T

Update soon .
Bildungsroman chapter 8 . 2/4/2008
Why do I find this so interesting? Typically, this isn't even my type of story, but you write it in such a way that keeps me hooked. Excellent job! Please continue.

Kudos!

Yavie
MoonfireSpam23 chapter 7 . 1/23/2008
Yays, you updated! And Arly (that's what I'm gonna call him now) spoke! :D

It could've used more description (don't feel bad, I need to use more of them too), but other than that it was good! UPDATE!
Midori Heiwa chapter 6 . 1/15/2008
WOW. This is a wonderful story! I realy like Nim and Arlington, to differnt people one who is withdrawn and one who trys many things. i like that.
MoonfireSpam23 chapter 6 . 1/10/2008
Yay, you updated!

She was so absorbed that it took her a moment to realize that she wasn’t alone. Arlington was standing behind her, watching as she played with a hunger in his eyes, as if he had been starved for many years and she was holding a hot plate of food just inches from his face. There was a brief silence in which both of them stood staring at each other.

That paragraph was very well done, but the rest seemed rushed and more dialogue than description. Hey, I suck with description, so I guess I have no room to talk, but...

Update soon! :)
xrolipolix chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
Hur, nothing bad worth mentioning. I like it! Hur, so far, anyway. I shall read the rest later... Good work!