Reviews for Chopsticks Vs The Tree
Jess chapter 1 . 4/8
I think this is a really cute story, and really unique too :-)
MantraMagazine chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
Aw.. aw.. awsome! You combined a few of my favorite things; cute Jewish boys, Christmas, and good writing. This is a real pick me up. My TCCFD has been sort of out of comission this year, and it was nice to be able to read something that perked it back up.

Not only do you have the awesomeness that is Jewish culture but your main's ideas about Christmas are so refreshing. And believeable! They make perfect sense in the story.

Thank you so much for posting! Happy Hanukkah!
Beautiful Destination chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
I really liked this! I always did wonder how non-Christians viewed Christmas...I'm agnostic, but our family puts up a Christmas tree every year anyway :P

And I loved the end! Especially when Delia set off the smoke alarm ;)
annoyance chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
Utterly adorable
Clorinda chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
Gabe's Scrooge-yness is understandable, and I like the implication that he IS normally rest of the year round. I liked how Delia could come off a bouncy teenager without being a mindless teenybopper or a Mary Sue, but her forcing Gabe to enjoy the holiday spirit made me wince. If I were him, I would NOT like to be manhandled as if I were the village idiot. Not given his psychologically thin-ice background for TCCFD.

His Christmas present also came on as a little too rushed and forced, probably because you glossed over the intervening time between Hanukkah and Christmas.

No, frankly Christmas isn't religious anymore. [It's very PO'ing to see people trash their religion all year round and then jump in to enjoy presents and Christmas pudding, (and I don't need to be Christian to feel disgusted.)]

The point you were trying to convey DID come across really well, though, and I enjoyed it, but at the same time, it came off as if Delia was synonymising Christmas and holiday cheer. Which she was, probably unconsciously.

The epilogue-esque ending part was cute and made me laugh, especially the part about her celebrating Hanukkah ... if this wasn't such a cute and fluffy bit of holiday cheer, I start on dues ex machina again, but...
Silencia chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
heheh, sweet! I really like delia, she doesn't give up and is honest! And Gabe's personality is somewhat like Daisetsu from my (and my co-writers) story: Angel&Devil... except the whole 'hates Christmas'-atitude, Dai-kunhas the grumpy personality the whole year! XD

Grtz Silencia
blurrylights chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
This was so funny! TCCFD...none of my friends have that disease, unfortunately. :P And I don't celebrate Christmas either, but at least I'm not bitter. Anywho, good job!
I'm.Running.Out.Of.Ideas chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
It was good. I have strong case of TCCFD while two of my friends have mild cases and the other one hates christmas.

anyway, good oneshot!
Green Eyed Angel chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
It's interesting, to say the list. Though I have a jewish friend, AND she has TCCFD, so I really have no idea how Gabe feels.
balloonfista chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
VERY CUTE.

Ri
sketchingaCYNiC chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
i am seriously in LOVE with all your stories haha. this was adorable; and great chemsistry between gabe and delia! hehe. :]
Mausnea chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Yay, Jew-person! Hallo from someone who wants to know more about her best friend's crazy holiday traditions!

I was expecting Delia and Gabe to get together... Telegraphing it is AWESOME. :D *faved*
FreeDaChickens chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
Aw . . . that's very cute! The ending didn't really fit though (I liked the little mini-epilogue, but the moral didn't work very well). Otherwise, that was really good!

FreeDaChickens
Cealex chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
I thought that was really cute and sweet. Good job!
Inkbl0t chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
This was funny as hell. It's a damn shame that I didn't find this last year. :/