Reviews for james nathan, i have something to say
sharks don't sleep chapter 20 . 3/9/2008
When I read something that I happen to really like and that I feel has something to say - a message that a lot of people should hear - I get this feeling of... nostalgia at the end. Maybe that isn't the right word, but that's the only one I have to describe it. And that is what I'm feeling right now.

So maybe this was short and didn't take me that long to read, but I honestly think it is one of the better pieces of writing I have read (ever, not just here on fictionpress). I know that sounds a bit extensive, but it is true.

Your characters were amazing, first of all. To write a story like this, a sort of letter explaining everything to someone who was there for some of it but still missing other parts, and still have characters to relate to and understand and like or dislike is absolute talent. And I admire that, because sometimes I think characters in what I write are lacking in too many ways.

Secondly, while we are missing a huge chunk of story - all the inbetween, right? before the game but after the meeting in calculus - it didn't matter. You wrote this so it didn't matter how or why or when he broke her heart, all that mattered was that he did.

I could probably go on and on, but I'll just say that I enjoyed reading this a lot and that when I go through my favorite stories to clean up the list a bit, keeping only the best or whatever, James Nathan, I Have Something To Say will always be there.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful job.

sharks don't sleep chapter 18 . 3/9/2008
Okay.

1. I liked part 17 about the family, because without it I kind of would have been like "what about the family? They were my favorite!" (Which is slightly weird of me, I know.)

2. I also really love the judge line. Haha!

3. I also really want to give Chase a hug. :(
sharks don't sleep chapter 15 . 3/9/2008
I love that the family with the car is in there as, like, comic relief or something.

sharks don't sleep chapter 13 . 3/9/2008
Gracie and Chase are so funny together! :D

I love that even in all this action, the tension is still high and I'm on the edge of my seat (I kid you not), itching to click to the next part...

sharks don't sleep chapter 9 . 3/9/2008
This story does just keep getting better and better! The tension just builds and builds...

I almost want to print it out and keep it forever, but that would be kind of mean and like stealing. So I won't do that. Promise.

sharks don't sleep chapter 2 . 3/9/2008
(I maybe should have reviewed chapter one... too bad.) I would have reviewed part one, but I had to read part two. And now I feel that I need to just read part after part and not stop until I get to the end... In other words, I really like this.

I like the characters and I like the dialogue. And I like that even though I'm not very far in I can see the relationships that these people have with one another.

I'm off to read more, now. :D

Seisaset chapter 20 . 3/6/2008
hey sorry its been forever! i absolutely loved the ending, it brought it all in very well, even though the story was a bit short. o please tell me the secret!
awaiting.rain chapter 20 . 3/2/2008
this was really quite good.

short, but still good.

i wish i knew the whole story about what happened!

what happened?

..and whats the secret?

tel us!
Shadows in the Fire chapter 20 . 3/1/2008
The end.

Whoa.

How about we start at the beginning? This story, Dot Cubed, was AWESOME. Really. Truly. I loved every chapter (even those evil one-sentance ones). Usually I don't read stories all the way through on Fictionpress but this one was so fantastic and well-written that I was sucked in.

Gracie, James, Chase-they're all so well made and well written. Every chapter they seem so real...James Nathan, I Have Something to Say will have a permanant spot on my fav list.

The ending was fantastic, too. "You broke me, James Nathan, but I've fixed myself" is a great line :D

Thanks for replying to all my reviews-and for thanking me in the a/n, haha. I hope you keep putting stuff up on Fictionpress.

In fact, please do. I'd freak out if you never posted anything again. Are there any plans for anything, yet?

So this is the end. Thank you, Dot Cubed, for the wonderful, entertaining story.

-Shadow

P.S. SECRET? There's a SECRET? What is it-I have no idea and it's going to drive me crazy! :)

And for the first time in, like, a month my author alert button is working. HOORAY! YOU'RE ADDED!
Essie chapter 20 . 3/1/2008
Ah your story is so ambiguous at times. You only hint at what happened but then again the main characters already know what happened so they wouldn't explain it in detail. Which leaves me wanting more ... however I think the ambiguity added depth tothe story. )

Great job! Loved the ending, Icant believe Gracie actually evolved and you used just a few sentences to show that. _
mia5081 chapter 20 . 2/29/2008
That's it! You can't end it yet! lol. I totally loved it, and I wished that everything had turn out well...or hear what he had to say. Though I really loved the characterization of Gracie Hart :D

Mia
Written chapter 20 . 2/29/2008
OH MY GOD. IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

I'm sorry, but this genuinely touched me. You are so brave and so wonderful and agh.

It's gorgeous. I love it. I lovelovelove it.

Is it that the title of the story and each chapter title make a sentence? Wow, that was a really bad way of phrasing it, but you know what I mean. So cute.

This story was so cute, and just. yeah.

I love that she's her own person. A good friend of mine and I were discussing that girls sometimes base their lives around their male interest and that it's not okay. I love that this story shows a girl who learned from her experiences and then moved on.

What a lovely story! Thank you for writing this. Seriously, thank you.
xonea chapter 20 . 2/29/2008
I absolutely loved it!
Anomalous Anonymous chapter 20 . 2/28/2008
How absolutely adorable and sweet and perfect, sad, and hopeful! Excellent job. I enjoyed this story. Thanks for posting!
brittle hearts chapter 6 . 2/25/2008
Not my favorite chapter, but I guess it was necessary.
311 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »