Reviews for james nathan, i have something to say
Kneecap chapter 11 . 3/27/2009
xD. For such a short chapter, this was really quite telling. It seemed like she was trying to pretend she didn't like it, when she really did.
Kneecap chapter 10 . 3/27/2009
Well I had not expected him to kiss her o_O. It's kinda sweet though..

I like Gracie's character, I really do.
Kneecap chapter 9 . 3/27/2009
"We won, and you got covered in a large Coca-Cola. I was satisfied. The whole night should’ve just ended there." - I loved that paragraph.

I also liked how she's unashamedly biased against James Nathan. Blaming him for the little things. It makes her character more realistic.

And the swearing: even if it does offend people, you should still keep it. It's your story, after all.
Kneecap chapter 8 . 3/27/2009
I liked the last line. Not a lot else happened though...but I liked her explanation of the little things, the small details. Why he found her at all. I'm not so sure about the author's notes at the bottom of the chapter which say what's going to happen in the next chapters o_O. Kind of ruins the story a little, non?
Kneecap chapter 7 . 3/27/2009
I like how she speaks with hindsight too: "Plus, I couldn’t think of anywhere else to go, but now that I think about it, maybe the library was open."

It really feels so much like the character is speaking because of you, just in the way it's written, and that's realy great. For example when she mentions 'Nancy', but doesn't explain who she is in relation to her, assuming the reader - James Nathan? - already knows.
Kneecap chapter 6 . 3/27/2009
Like chapter 4 (I think it was), this one again seems a little too re-iteratory.
Kneecap chapter 5 . 3/27/2009
"I remember how we used to spend nights in my backyard, lying on the grass and staring up at the stars, and I used to think that because of you, I could reach them." - a little cliched, but still sweet.

I liked the last two paragraphs. I can see the general picture of why she's upset, but not the whole one, and yet I still feel sorry for her. So you're doing a good job :).
Kneecap chapter 4 . 3/27/2009
Hmmeh. Not so sure I see how this chapter moves the plot forwards...it seems more like it's just repeating what the last chapter said.
Kneecap chapter 3 . 3/27/2009
I can't really think of anything constructive to say. The way you write these chapters really speaks of Gracie's character. It's like this is a letter she's writing or something.

"Besides, I wanted him to beat you up, so even if I wasn’t crying, I probably wouldn’t have stopped him" - I thought that spoke most about Gracie.
Kneecap chapter 2 . 3/27/2009
It's only the second chapter, and already I really quite love Gracie. Her characterisation is extremely well done, and I love her honesty. It's a shame the chapters are so short, but it's still a wonderful read.

I should take this moment to say that your title is what made me choose this story above your other ones. I wanted to know, and still do, what it is she wants to say.
Kneecap chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Because this chapter is so short, there's not a lot I can really say...

But "And in the course of that class I realized that no matter what Chase Wright said, I would’ve said no." that was my favourite line. I don't know why, but it has a really powerful ring to it.
awaiting.rain chapter 21 . 3/8/2009
I fell in love with a certain Chase Wright. It saddens me that he can't play basketball anymore.
Holly Unending chapter 20 . 2/10/2009
Okay, I really, really loved this.

It was simple, but perfect. I loved how you had a flashback and how Gracie talked directly to James Nathan and I loved the one sentence chapters. I read it straight through when I should have been studying for my history test tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks for the great read! (And sorry for the excessive comments...) I'll definitely read your other stories.
Holly Unending chapter 18 . 2/10/2009
It wasn’t like he could say, “this guy was an ass to my best friend, so I had to do something about it,” because a judge would’ve gone “I don’t care, you’re in jail, bitch”.

xD Do you want peanut butter to come out of my nose or something? (Sorry, I was reading this while eating peanut butter crackers.) Needless to say, it was funny.
Holly Unending chapter 12 . 2/10/2009
This story is very sweet. I mean, I was at a pretty confused and sad part (where she slaps James) but you still made me laugh with "I was lost inside my high school, and honestly, that's supposed to stop happening after the first week of freshman year." Ha ha ha.

But then I went back to being sad for Gracie, promise.
311 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »