Reviews for The Last Summer
FlameintheFlood chapter 9 . 5/12/2010
I love how you can be writing the most depressing stuff ever and still make me laugh. That last line was perfect.
FlameintheFlood chapter 8 . 5/12/2010
Wait... so Scotland, or Southern England then? And I liked that chapter. I loved the addition of Gabriel. It was getting lonely... is that awful that I was glad a little boy died? Eek.
FlameintheFlood chapter 7 . 5/12/2010
Damn. I love/hate Jake. I really just love Owen, but also wanna smack him for being so sweet and sensitive. I had got that they were together. Btw, great foreshadowing in the first few chapters: very well laid out. Also. Love the song.

btw, where is Chislet? I'm thinking somewhere in England, yeah?
FlameintheFlood chapter 4 . 5/12/2010
This is SO GOOD! It's super intense and addicting. Tilly has such a great voice and the characters feel super real. I feel really bad for all the characters. Damn. Reading this makes me feel dead. In a good way... that made no sense. But seriously, this is really good stuff. :D
neeree chapter 18 . 2/20/2010
I loved this. It was really great. And surprisingly I liked having a girl as a narrator, usually I can't stand it. Probably because, other then being a redhead, Tilly seems pretty similar to me last summer. Though I lived through it :)
qczhao chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
Hey,

I discovered this story from the Review Game, but i just want to say that it's awesome.

The characters and situations are very relatable, given that i had my "last summer" just two years ago.

I've only read the first two chapters so far, but they are very well written, and the narrative flows with good pace and nice writing, and it kind of pulls you along with it.

Will definately bookmark this story to continue with it when i have time. good job!
missmori chapter 18 . 12/31/2009
Amazing. I just couldn't stop reading-everything was so realistic and just drew you in. You have captured the idea of living and moving on perfectly. I even nearly started crying and laughing at the same time at the end. Amazing, amazing, amazing. This is definitely one of my all-time favorites.
xInkMusique chapter 18 . 9/5/2009
wow, i think i cried throughout the whole story. It was amazing, absolutely breathtaking
Arisa chapter 18 . 9/4/2009
I cried, I laughed, and at the end I wished there was more.

This story deserves thousands of reviews.
shutterbaby chapter 18 . 8/17/2009
I'd been meaning to read this story since last summer but I kept putting it off; it was heavier and more real and it scared me more than chick lit, so there you go.

But I just read the whole thing through and although I was right (it WAS enough to scare me) it was also lovely. So thank you for writing, and thank you for writing something that's elevated far beyond the high school realm of the jock and the ice princess, the playa and the nerd.
damselfarfromdistress chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
Lovely story. I couldn't stop reading!

You have grammatical errors here and there; you should employ semicolons, they're wonderful tools.

Your characters are well-developed and you draw readers into the story itself.

Overall, extremely well written. There were a couple of places where things seemed to drag on, but nothing detrimental to the story.
Jess J chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Well, I said I would read it, took me a while to find, but hey. I really like it, somethign about the characters is so real, it's like you really could know them.

Your writing is great, and wow, just wow.

Jessica x
Charlee Rayne chapter 18 . 6/4/2009
Thats the saddest thing I'v ever read in my life!
chocoroll chapter 18 . 5/22/2009
First of all to be honest, I was only looking for a story to read out of boredom, looking through some authors' favourite stories and I came across this at the top of a list.

I read the story in one day within only one to four hours, a few days ago. Oh, and dear God, I cried; I was left completely speechless at the last few paragraphs of the story.

You've created amazing developed characters. They hit a bump in the road, but towards the end they change and move on. Your sentences flow together great, with emotion and context.

As well as many others, I'm quite disappointed with why this story hasn't been given the spotlight it should receive.

For now I have nothing else to say, since I'm still quite speechless that I can't really put my thoughts into many describable words.

I wish you good luck on your future writing.
Nera chapter 18 . 5/22/2009
God, this story has overtaken my life for about two straight days. Now that it's over... I dunno. I can't believe this story is not more popular.

No lie - this is not anything I have ever said to anyone on FP - this is THE best story I have read online. The way you write is just incredibly enchanting, and the story told from Tilly's voice (if it was not really your own) was... was... GAH. Honestly, you write so well I believe it'd be a damn shame you didn't continue some kind of career in writing. If you wrote books, I would no doubt buy them. You've got such an incrediblt talent, you really do. Not to mention, this story, it ended with me feeling utterly satisfied, and rarely does that happen. Nothing was left untouched, everything was resolved in a way that in NO way could it be improved.

Really, really, really excellent job.
187 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »