Reviews for The Devil is in Juarez
Needa S chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
It seems rather sad. Great descriptions. Not sure if I really get the meaning but all in all it is an awesome write.
TaltushMeiMei chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
There is something very intriguing about this. First of all, I love the format. It's solid, straight-forward, and comfortable. There are no uncomfortable "cool format" surprises, and that's good (in this case, at least...).

I like the opening and closing line, I suppose. There's a sort of flat, story-like feel to it. Repeated lines can be done poorly (I've had my fair share of horrible ones, I assure you), but here it's actually nice. I also really like the descriptions. It's vivid without being overtly so, which is a nice change from most pieces. The flow is perhaps a bit choppier than I would usually like, but it works.

I do believe I spot a mistake or two: "Buried in course wet sand" Perhaps you mean "coarse"? Rough, that is? Also - "Our daughters hands" I believe it should be "daughter's", missing an apostrophe.

While I feel like there's something I'm missing regarding the "plot" or story, I find myself inexplicably attracted to this poem. It's got something very special, if you ask me - it is well-written, vivid, intriguing, and on the whole well-done. It is not too drawn out or dramatized. Really. Great job.