Reviews for Resolutions
Kilian Grey chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
Glad, I found this one and glad there is another to read.
C3PO chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
that was such an awesome write. i wish i could've have written something like that. so relieved i didn't have to wait the 2 years to read this. these to really are the most endearing pair. garrets a dick; he really should've just gone on and punched him.
doublestandard chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Favorite one yet. :)

Words can't describe how I feel about this fic.

;)
Disney Is Hardcore chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
That's cute :)

...I'll never look at a mixer in the same way again.
rjaldi chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Wow...I loved this! I really feel for Gavin...he's so sweet and timid, and he has an ass for an ex. That's not really a good combination. And Cole's crappy family...that just makes it hard to be anything but bitter about stuff.

I really like how they mix, though. They each have their problems, but it seems that they complement each other very well. I was kind of hoping that they'd go to either Cole's family and rub their noses in his gayness (tee hee...I'm a little vindictive) or Gavin's family to show that Cole isn't bad at all...and maybe his sister should back off a bit.

I do like that they spent the whole day together, though, and at the end, it was just about them. It was sweet and cute, and gives me warm fuzzies... :D Did you ever write another segment? I didn't notice one here on FP...
cancelaccount chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
I love this :) And I would love to read more about them!
Mage Dudette chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
Totally adorable. And great to see more of them! I hope you keep writing several more snippets, they're good fun.
eLIZabeth chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
Hello.

I am one of your most devoted readers and I must beg your forgiveness for never ever reviewing your stories. I’m sorry, but you see, I’m one of those eccentric little beings who are so lazy as to lift even their little pinkies. I’m what is more commonly known as; a fictionpress whore. I whip through scores of stories each night. Rarely, I come across something so moving, so profound and so utterly groundbreaking and refreshingly original that I must against the usual norm, review like a beaver in heat.

And you are one such reader who has compelled me to act like this. I will now proceed to tell you the history.

You first captivated me by your ‘Pretty Shades Of Grey’. I became absolutely spellbound by your wonderful characterization of Vaan and his unhealthy obsession with Lotr. His kick-ass, no-care-in-the-world, I’m-better than-you-because-I’m-me attitude would brighten up anyone and their sad little lives! And his interactions with Saul are definitely Kodak moments to be treasured and replayed for future generations as a memorabilia representing sweet endearing love (reading that story made me feel gooey and warm inside). So you can understand how utterly crushed and devastated I was when, even after you PROMISED to continue, there was no more to come. I have been waiting now patiently (alright, fine, I’ve been waiting really anxiously) for almost 2 BLOODY YEARS…and there have been rather stilted progression in the story on your part, to put it mildly. Anyways, I really look forward to your sudden zealous continuation on that story in the very VERY near future…

Ah…I still remember the many a night where I flipped through hundreds of stories and found myself rather puzzlingly, but I gather must be, subconsciously returning to your username page. I guess I was hoping in vain that by some miraculous chance (like, you died but then somehow you were revived by a burst of inspiration in your dark chasm of a grave), you might have written a new and utterly brilliant little slash story and I guess I turned out to be a damn patient person because I was privileged enough to read your ‘In Manitou’ and I have to say - I WAS FUCKING BLOWN AWAY by it. Lovable kind Holm and the dry bitter wit of Simon is truly a delicious combination and against a backdrop of an all too disbelieving but nonetheless intriguing sci-fantasy plotline made it a winning story. Their playful banter is like eating a whole seedless watermelon on a sweltering hot day with only a silver spoon. I swear, music to my ears (courtesy of my playful imagination). I read that story at least 10 times afterwards and each time, at the end, I swear I had that goofy grin from thinking not-so-clean thoughts due to the blatant implication from your climatic finish. Hehehe….good times.

Reading all your other stories, I pictured you as this magnificent writer who really understands the perversion of humour intermingled with angst and delivered together on a beautiful plate of memorable scenarios. You have this rare quality of writing these special personas and what I really love is how you ever so subtly (and sometimes the blatancy is the subtlety itself) reveal why they react the way they do and what compels them develop, change and grow. I believe that this three part One-Shot is what I am talking about. The central themes of ostracisation, repression, anger and the gradual movement towards acceptance, warmth and love from ‘Eavesdropping’, ‘Comeuppance’ and finally ‘Resolutions’ is a realistic depiction of modern day love in a cruel sadistic and often uninspiring world. But I like how you show that there is always hope around the corner. Thank you for finishing this story. I couldn’t bear for Cole to be rejected or held in suspended animation from ever achieving pure love. Yeah, yeah, I’m a sucker for romance.

So after all this history (which you had no idea) I just can’t believe that you’re ever so subtly telling your devoted readers (such as myself) that you are abandoning Fictionpress (what? You think I can’t read between the lines in your author’s notes?). I seriously implore you to reconsider. You know, write a few little stories here and there in the intervals of three-four months for the rest of your natural life. Just to keep us happy and purring with contentment? I really love your stories and I believe that you have come a long way from ‘Christian Faith’ (Not saying that it was bad or anything!...phew…got out of that one…) and your writing style has really matured and become more sophisticated in terms of language use and emotional themes/values.

I would really like to read one of your non-slash long novel-type stories that you’re currently writing at the moment (and hence your excuse for not updating on fictionpress; really breaks my heart just thinking about it). And it you ever need any feedback or just ass-kissing flattery (BUT YOU TOTALLY DESERVE IT!), don’t hesitate to email me.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me some unforgettable reading moments. Please keep writing.

Yours truly,

Jc

P.s. Satisfied? This should make-up for years of not reviewing.
persimmon chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Holy shit, you're alive! - Welcome back to the land of the living, it just became a better place. Heh, heh and seriously, no one writes sweet, couples like you do, the tension between these two was amazingly well done (though seriously, I think leaving years for it to mount was over doing it a little -). Glad you're back, I won't use this opportunity to pressure for updates, 'coz seriously, I'm happy with whatever I get, from this sector, it's always quality.
IceAngelDarkMoon chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
Oh wow, you have no idea how much you just made my week! I loved the first two stories and had given up hope of ever seeing more from these two. The story was awesome, the awkward parts were adorable. The relationship and chemistry feel so real. I love the mixer part...i don't know why but it really made me laugh. I hope you add the fourth part, I just love these two. I was going to do homework tonight, but I think I'll just reread the older parts. Keep up the great work, and to think I usually don't read here anymore! _

Ici
bloodsucking-llama chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
Aw, I liked that. You're right, they're good characters - and you're great at writing dialogue. You make it sound really natural.
zoule chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
Thanks for such a great New Year treat :)