Reviews for The Aviary
TooCreative4Life chapter 11 . 3/17
I really got into this. The prologue was capturing and I'm so sad that there isn't more to read. Though I do understand the reason why you took it off.

I hope that your stories make their ways on to shelves some day.
Good writing to you,
Creative.
lizzeril chapter 11 . 11/1/2008
Nice chapter! I really hate the way Alain's been treating Mathilde. But I'd really love to know the reason behind it. Please update soon! And keep up the good work! )
lizzeril chapter 10 . 10/31/2008
Wow it's been a long time since I've last been on fictionpress. It really sucks not being able to read your updates and everything, with all the stuff I have to do. I'm beginning to hate college life. Anyway, I was so glad to see two new chapters of The Aviary waiting for me. And as always, great chapter from you! You've created interesting characters, and I can't wait to read more about them. Well done! )
Sahara Hayden chapter 11 . 7/24/2008
I feel very bad for Agn├Ęs and Mathilde, but I think they'll both get what they want in the end. At least, I hope they do.

I really love how you 'show' and don't 'tell' about the relationships in this story, particularly the relationship between Mathilde and Alain. He sounds absolutely terrifying.

Update soon!
R.M.Whitaker chapter 11 . 7/21/2008
Poor Mathilde. What an aweful life!

Theodore and Agnes are way cute together and I think it's high time Agnes saw that! Damien's a poop-head in my oppinion. I don't care one bit if he goes to Indochina!

Can't wait for more!

P.S. I'm home! And I have lots to tell you :D
Jenn Rekka chapter 3 . 7/21/2008
This reminds me of some of the Barbara Michaels novels. Great depth, good visual style, and a definite knowledge of the times. Very nice.
R.M.Whitaker chapter 10 . 6/16/2008
By golly, Renee! I'm SO SORRY that I haven't read this or replied to your email in so long! I've been reading a book and I kind of fell off the face of the earth for a while, just living on the couch with the book. But I'm back now and I shall be much better!

As always, I love your beautiful descriptions! I feel like I can see everything perfectly in my mind- like watching a movie. Damien sounds like a bit of a rascal- I think that Theodore deserves Agnes much more!

And that bit at the end with Laurie and Virginie-! I'm so curious what that was all about. Was she sleep walking? Advice-wise, I don't think you need to have both her POV and Laurie's at that part. I think having just Laurie's would do fine.

Good job! I can't wait to see what happens!
Sahara Hayden chapter 10 . 6/13/2008
This was a great chapter. I love the romance between Agnes and Damien, and I really want to find out what's made Virginie go crazy. I wish Laurie had followed her.

Update soon!
chimneytops chapter 9 . 5/26/2008
This is just AMAZING, your writing style is beautiful and the content and complexity of the characters is fantastic as well. Every single word seems vital, not like the usual "filler" parts in most stories. I also love that you have a glossary at the end, very considerate to us nonfrench speakers haha. It seems you update often, I can't wait to read the next chapter.
floppydiskmania chapter 9 . 5/23/2008
Most excellent! This is castawaysandcutouts being too lazy to log in. I think it's great! Keep up the fantastic work!
R.M.Whitaker chapter 9 . 5/23/2008
I thought it was an excellent chapter! I didn't feel like you were skipping around too much with POVs at all! It all flowed very smoothly and I love making all the connections between past and present- like with Virginie and the painting, etc. Very well done!

I totally know a girl very similar to Virginie, so I think that you described her pretty darn well. I also really loved that scene with Mathilde and Agnes! Mathilde reminds me a lot of Risa in her naivete and sweetness.

Excellent work, Renee!

HAPPY GRADUATION!
lizzeril chapter 9 . 5/21/2008
I think you did an excellent job with this chapter. Though you made switches with the POV, the flow of the story was still smooth and it was not confusing at all. And don't mind about the length. Nothing seems too long for me if I enjoy reading it. And I did love reading this chapter. I hope you update soon! And good luck with the next chapters! )
Sahara Hayden chapter 9 . 5/21/2008
Nothing big happened, no, but I feel like this was an essential chapter because you seem to be "setting up" for the action. I thought you introduced the characters very well. It's sad that Virginie has gone a little nuts since we last saw her.

I think this chapter is fine the way it is. Long, yes, but this is such a great story!

Update soon, please!
R.M.Whitaker chapter 8 . 5/20/2008
What a depressing life for both of them. But it really is Alain's foult. If I was married to a guy like that then I know that my inner lioness would come out and I would scream at him! I'd snap my fingers in his face and say, "I don't think so, buddy!" I would have grabbed my plate of eggs and run away with it like a child and then I would have crammed them into my mouth savagely with my bare hands, glaring at Alain savagely all the while! I'm having quite an enjoyable time thinking of all the ghastly things I would do in defiance of a controling husband, actually, ha ha.

Alright, so I'm assuming that Charlotte is going to have an affair and I'm assuming that it will be with Lucien and I'm guessing that Mathilde is the daughter of Lucien and not of Alain. Oui?

Wow, I can't believe you graduate this week! I'm not graduating until the 30th of May and that's about two whole weeks before the public schools in my area! Good luck to you! You'll have to post pictures of yourself in your cap and gown! I know they certainly look attractive on me! Especialy that hat. I'd like to meet the genious who came up with THAT design! lol!
lizzeril chapter 8 . 5/19/2008
Thanks for updating! Again, an excellent chapter! Can't wait to read more. Congratulations, by the way! )
66 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »