Reviews for The Aviary
Gabby chapter 3 . 1/18/2008
I know that I have become as intrigued about Mathilde as Laurie is now!
de wolf chapter 3 . 1/17/2008
oh *gasp* i wonder how long it will take before laurie decides to venture into the house...

nice chapter :D
R.M.Whitaker chapter 3 . 1/17/2008
Wow! I just... wow!... I'm completely speechless! I don't even feel worthy to review your story! This is amazing, Renee! A masterpiece! Seriously, I'm in complete and total awe that you culd come up with a story like this. I'm not sure what exactly it as that's so enchanting about it... but there's something. I can tell already- if you got this published, it would be a classic and everyone would recognize the name of it!

I'm so excited to meet Mathilde and Alain. That dream Laurie had was positively perfect! To have Mathilde being a marionette puppet- genius!

I can't wait for more!
R. M. Kent chapter 3 . 1/17/2008
I loved the personification of the breeze! And I am loving the story so far...the building of tension is brilliant.
LeenElle chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
Wow, real different is right! Great first chapter, looking forward to reading the next but it will have to be another day! You've set your readers up to be really curious and excited to find out what happens, but I have a feeling it won't come for a long time! Looking good to start!
Sahara Hayden chapter 2 . 1/12/2008
This was a great chapter, particularly the first part with the painting. I feel like I've know Laurie for a long time, and I thought it was interesting how you described him through his mother's eyes.

Since there's a lot of french words popping up in this story I think it might be helpful if you add a glossary at the end of each chapter. I can guess what most of the words mean based on the context, but I had to leave the site and look up "Je ne suis pas folle", so it would be helpful if you could include a glossary at the end.
lizzeril chapter 2 . 1/11/2008
I absolutely loved it! I knew you would never disappoint us readers! You've once again created a really great character! Keep it up! )
R. M. Kent chapter 2 . 1/10/2008
I absolutely love it! There is only one small thing - when you say she 'lied awake' shouldn't that be 'lay awake'? but apart from that I love the characters and the setting. And I think the prologue completely pulled me in. Will definitely keep reading.
R.M.Whitaker chapter 2 . 1/9/2008
First off, I must say that I LOVED how you described the opening scene through the eyes of a portrait of Marie-Therese! Very clever and original! I actually read the first part of this chapter last night and then had to go to bed, so I was marveling over the idea all night long and wondering why I hand't ever thought of it myself! Good job!

I like Laurie already! He seems like such a sweet, calm character.

Loved, loved, loved all of the French names and words! I feel like I'm reading a real, published book! I can't even tell you how excited I am about this story!
Jenn chapter 2 . 1/8/2008
YAY! I love it- so excited...
JEnn chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
I was so glad to see you've put up a new story! I love your work and I think this story is going to be fantastic!
de wolf chapter 2 . 1/8/2008
oh very nice, sweet ending too. really felt the mood of everyone just before laurie leaves, tis cool. :D
Elle Marlene chapter 2 . 1/8/2008
Oh...I'm so very curious to see where this ends up, but I've no doubt it's going to be good. I'm already a fan of Laurie, he's very endearing. I have a feeling that because of how nice and sweet and innocent he seems in this first look at him, he's going to have to go through something terrible, and I am just crossing my fingers for him already! Can't wait for the rest of the story.
Gabby chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
wow. definitely different from your other stories. I was not expecting that at all. ...what else can I say, except, can't wait to see where this story goes. You definitely caught me attention at the beginning! haha!
lizzeril chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
I have to agree that was indeed different from the other stories you wrote. But judging by how you wrote this first chapter, I believe that this is also going to be one of your greatest stories. Good luck! )
66 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »