Reviews for Optimism
LyricsArePoetry chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
hehe. I can relate to this!

I tried being optimistic once..it didn't last very long!
Zeurpiet chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
I love every line of this, and can relate wholeheartedly. Perhaps the reason why optimism feels so foreign to us is because there is not enough around today.
Julius Gillian chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
I think this approach to optimism is very understandable and anyone who's treaded through skepticism of anything will appreciate this. Can we really ever be sure of what we know? If we take our faiths apart and our common sense which we take for granted, does what we think we understand still hold water? What scary questions, when must someone draw the line between faith and skepticism? However, isn't the fact that knowledge is every expanding and changing optimistic? We don't need a God to feel happy, to appreciate something, to love one another, or do good even though we may do it out of selfishness. Whether or not we're subject to biological programming in our minds that control our emotions and functioning, we still can think and make 'choices'.

That to me gives me optimism. It's interesting you write that 'this feels strange in my hands as if it doesn't belong'. I agree, I think that much of what we're day-to-day happy with is no more than material designed to keep our heads down for society to punctuate us with the belief that life is centered around us. It's scary.

That's why I seek spiritual knowledge from the far east, like Buddhism for pleasure and bliss. That's my kind of optimism. In a manner of speaking, happiness is what we make of it, divine zombie up in the sky or not.

I love how innocent the first few lines are. Words strung out free, that reminds me of children and how burden-less they are of the world. Wouldn't it be great to be able to get away from daily demands and embrace some form of childhood where we can relax and not worry about people, envirnoment, and government?

You provide an excellent poem. Thank you.
Princess-anna57 chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
Interesting poem. I really like it. Simple yet very powerful. Amazing. Write on!

Anna _