Reviews for Insert Catchy Title Here
Guest chapter 1 . 8/4
This is great. I can totally relate, especially on the capitalization thing. If I see a story with "I was going to the Store to buy some Soda" I WILL NOT read it.
purplespray chapter 1 . 7/19
I laughed. I also agree 100%, as a reader, I stop reading the moment the writer uses defiantly in place of definitely. I. Just. Can't
WafflesandUnicorn chapter 1 . 7/6
Exhibit A: I completely agree with you on this one. I've seen it once or twice, and all I could think was, 'Child, what the heck are you doing with your life?'
Exhibit B: 1. My goodness, you are SO right it's not even funny! The apostrophe skipping has to be the most aggravating thing ever in stories. I hate it when people don't add the apostrophe. It really isn't that hard. 2. Thank you for this. Really. When I see a word that should be capitalized, but it's not, I want to scream. Literally. 3. I don't recall seeing this, but I'm sure it's out there somewhere. 4. I think I abuse punctuation sometimes. I should really work on that... 5. My goodness, yes! I hate that so much. I reuse the same word a million times, and then I get frustrated and pull up a thesaurus on the internet to find synonyms to replace it.
Exhibit C: I'm guilty of this one. I'm rewriting that story though, so now it starts differently. Way to go me!
Exhibit D: So true. That kind of thing doesn't ever happen in real life. Ever. And if it does, well that's just sad.
Exhibit E: Again, I don't remember seeing this, but it's most likely out there. You're right though, it's incredibly pointless.
Exhibit F: I definitely agree that there is absolutely no reason for it to be the first thing we read about in the story, but a bit of a description could be necessary at some point.
Exhibit G: I might be guilty of this one, but I'm not positive.
Okay now that most of my comments are out I want to say that you, yes you, are absolutely a genius. I swear you read my mind or something of that nature. I see things similar to some of the issues you pointed out, and I always want to rant about how terrible it is. Thank you, kind child, for giving this to the world.
Ankita chapter 1 . 7/1
Wow i fell in love with your stories, i came here for first time. Thanks alot.
JDFly chapter 1 . 6/24
Hey! You've been reading some of my first drafts. Fortunately, I reread and make lots of corrections before sending it to my beta, who makes more corrections before posting the chapter. Good article.
JD Fly
Love2read chapter 1 . 5/4
Bravo! Well done for writing this. I hope some of the writers here take the time to read it, and hopefully take notice.
Swati chapter 1 . 3/23
Thank you so much for writing this! I am so frustrated with the amount of unrealistic and badly written stories that I come across. ESPECIALLY THE YOUR AND YOU'RE MISTAKES FRUSTRATE ME A ,thanks for voicing out and ranting on this XD
SnowflakeSoup chapter 1 . 3/19
Haha, I totally agree! I love FictionPress, but so many of the people who use it are idiots. I once read a story where, instead of describing actions like a normal person, the author used asterisks just like:
*watch beeps*
The quality of writing on this site disgusts me, sometimes.
And I know what you mean by wanting to help by giving harsh criticism. It's always hard to stay courteous and give constructive feedback at the same time.
Stay awesome!

augmentedDREAMS chapter 1 . 3/6
I face this problem everyday. This was so apt, it made me cry.
hannaxD chapter 1 . 11/16/2014
Oohfnkd, I think you described most of my thoughts in pretty much all this.. The only thing missing is the there, their, they're.. The you're/your my brain already stopped registering (sad reality and I'm not even English raised) ahaha!
The commentary in the middle of a story usually makes me think that the author wants to be included in the reading process.. Meybe they feel alone?
You have a rant mine gold here, ahhha! XD
Resisting the urge to rant endlessly,
Ibbonray chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
Thank you for posting this. Seriously, thank you. Every single aspect of this piece hit base on issues with poorly written works that bug me to death, and I hope a few who do read this learn from their mistakes. Needless to say, I'll go read some of your other works and your favourited works, as well.
Scarlet chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
I love your reviews on the stories but just one thing. Regarding the "falling in love super quickly" thing, in your story "Caller Unknown", they fell in like or love the first time they actually met face to face? Personally I have nothing against it and I love that One Shot but...
swymuh chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Hey, I really love this! What you said were true. It gets pretty boring when there's a lot of error in the story. And I myself don't appreciate blabbers about the appearance whatsoever of the characters. Haha.

I'm a writer (trying hard, actually) so this will help me on my writing in the near future. Thanks. :)

By the way, I salute you for luring me here (putting this under Fiction and all that, haha).

(I'm not sure if you will spot my review but well,) Bye and good day!
DragonOwl chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
This is so true, and extremely helpful to read. If only more people would read it! All of your points highlighted are things I have read many a time so I hope this gets noticed more. Thank you for the tips!
Banananananana chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
You didn't waste my time at all. :)
275 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »