Reviews for Insert Catchy Title Here
Ankita chapter 1 . 4h
Wow i fell in love with your stories, i came here for first time. Thanks alot.
JDFly chapter 1 . 6/24
Hey! You've been reading some of my first drafts. Fortunately, I reread and make lots of corrections before sending it to my beta, who makes more corrections before posting the chapter. Good article.
JD Fly
Love2read chapter 1 . 5/4
Bravo! Well done for writing this. I hope some of the writers here take the time to read it, and hopefully take notice.
Swati chapter 1 . 3/23
Thank you so much for writing this! I am so frustrated with the amount of unrealistic and badly written stories that I come across. ESPECIALLY THE YOUR AND YOU'RE MISTAKES FRUSTRATE ME A ,thanks for voicing out and ranting on this XD
SnowflakeSoup chapter 1 . 3/19
Haha, I totally agree! I love FictionPress, but so many of the people who use it are idiots. I once read a story where, instead of describing actions like a normal person, the author used asterisks just like:
*watch beeps*
The quality of writing on this site disgusts me, sometimes.
And I know what you mean by wanting to help by giving harsh criticism. It's always hard to stay courteous and give constructive feedback at the same time.
Stay awesome!

-Snowflake
augmentedDREAMS chapter 1 . 3/6
I face this problem everyday. This was so apt, it made me cry.
hannaxD chapter 1 . 11/16/2014
Oohfnkd, I think you described most of my thoughts in pretty much all this.. The only thing missing is the there, their, they're.. The you're/your my brain already stopped registering (sad reality and I'm not even English raised) ahaha!
The commentary in the middle of a story usually makes me think that the author wants to be included in the reading process.. Meybe they feel alone?
You have a rant mine gold here, ahhha! XD
Resisting the urge to rant endlessly,
Hanna.
Ibbonray chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
Thank you for posting this. Seriously, thank you. Every single aspect of this piece hit base on issues with poorly written works that bug me to death, and I hope a few who do read this learn from their mistakes. Needless to say, I'll go read some of your other works and your favourited works, as well.
Scarlet chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
I love your reviews on the stories but just one thing. Regarding the "falling in love super quickly" thing, in your story "Caller Unknown", they fell in like or love the first time they actually met face to face? Personally I have nothing against it and I love that One Shot but...
swymuh chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Hey, I really love this! What you said were true. It gets pretty boring when there's a lot of error in the story. And I myself don't appreciate blabbers about the appearance whatsoever of the characters. Haha.

I'm a writer (trying hard, actually) so this will help me on my writing in the near future. Thanks. :)

By the way, I salute you for luring me here (putting this under Fiction and all that, haha).

(I'm not sure if you will spot my review but well,) Bye and good day!
DragonOwl chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
This is so true, and extremely helpful to read. If only more people would read it! All of your points highlighted are things I have read many a time so I hope this gets noticed more. Thank you for the tips!
Banananananana chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
You didn't waste my time at all. :)
lovehimtoruins chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
Ahahahaha, this was brilliant. I used to visit this site religiously back in high school, but I'm only starting to get back into it again and I'm noticing a lot more things now that I did before. Nobody's perfect and there's always room for improvement, but the things you stated are just some of my biggest pet peeves when trying to find stories on here. Thanks for the laugh, you're hilariously blunt and it's awesome 3
Marguerite Grimmett chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
AHAHAHA, damn, my favorite written-by-myself story starts with a waking up moment. I feel stupid now. :P

Anyway, I really agree with you about the grammar thing... I'm surprised you didn't mention the new-line-for-each-new-speaker rule.
GrammarNazi chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
Well said, all of it. I do, however, disagree with you when you say that boys can't fall in love with girls in third grade. You're right when you say that said boy could not have known he was in love with a girl at that age, but he could realize, years later, that he must have been in love with her since then. It could start out as a simple crush (in third grade) and then turn into something more.

Thanks for writing this rant!
272 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »