Reviews for Insert Catchy Title Here
Baellen chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
I LOVE THIS. (:
FizzyLizzy chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
I love reading these things. They're just so accurate and helpful and a lot of them make me nod in solemn agreement. Love it.

Liz xx
cerulean-azure chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Your rant made sense and I agreed with most of it, but it wasn't necessary for you to so called "lure" us in with false expectations. You can go on a rant and people will still read it, and none will be outraged that you tricked them if you just say what this is really about.
TooLazyToSignIn chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Oh my gosh, yes! Thank you. Seriously. If I read one more story that tells me the MC's height, weight, and appearance- all in one paragraph in the first chapter- I just, ugh.

On a side note, I'm a little miffed that I can't read the story from the description.
horsegirl61 chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
Thank you. That's all I can say. :)
animegirl214 chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
haha. i somewat skimmed through this.. but alot of it was so true! XD

it really annoys me when i see an intresting summary, start reading, and see ALOT of ... un-capitalized, no apostrophes watsoever, and.. alot of confusion. :P

your stories are wonderful! has everything i want in them :P

lol.
SunsetRainbow chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
LOVED LOVE LOVED THIS D
oh.nolita chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
Few things:

a) Fabulous job with the catchy summary and title in order to lure readers to read the article. I actually fell for it twice because I read it the first time a long time ago.

b) Your advice is witty, humorous, and fun to read. So again, awesome job on effectively keeping the reader interested after the initial attempt of luring them to a totally different story than what was advertised.

c) I found one problem with 'Exhibit E'. I do understand that you personally loathe authors putting in brand names in the story. However, in their defense, I think many do it so you can learn more about what type of person the character is. For example, if the author describes the MC putting on a Hollister top and American Eagle jeans, then you can say that they're the middle-upper class part of the economic status. It also tells you that the MC is not a punk or emo or goth or anything like that. Similarly, if the MC was described as putting on, say Chucks, then you can tell that most likely, the MC is not going to be the stereotyped prep or cheerleader. I hope that makes sense.

Other than that, fabulous article. Keep it up!
Jhaynee chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
Ah ha! That was quite witty. I definitely agree with some of your exhibits. Frankly I hate chatspeak and severe "typos" in stories, it's fairly distracting. As well as author notes. I try to avoid them even after the story is complete, because I feel it deters from the story.

Of course, I do write cliched bits of work, but I can completely understand what you're talking about in this selection. You explained yourself, in a somewhat humorous sense (well this did make me smile) that it wasn't bad that there was no cheesy sweet romance on this page.
passer-by chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Oh. My. Goodness. You are damn hilarious. My stomach hurts because I laughed so hard. Exhibit D cracked me up the most. This "story" is MUCH APPRECIATED. XD
Icyfire4w5 chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
Gah, how dare you lure me here? ;)

Neverthless, I owe you my thanks. You have pointed out many issues that writers tend to overlook.
annoyance chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
Fiction Press was in dire need of such an article. Sadly, even though this has been published over a year ago, three in every five stories match your description of a bad story.

Oh well. At least you tried!
Aqua-eagle Sunshine chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
Wow i wasn't expecting that...truthfully I clicked on it because of how many reviews it received. Very helpful...some of them were my thoughts exactly. I would love to get a review from you...although it would be slightly scary since you seem to pick up on all the classic mistakes, which i might have done myself. I'm going to check out your favourites now.
fashion411 chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
Oh my god, this totally cracked me up. I mean my biggest pet peeves is to never start with the alarm clock going off, it just irritates me. I also hate when people describe themselves throughly in the first chapter i dont know but it kinda sounds like thery're bragging to me. thank you for posting this up so maybe now there will be better storeis online! cheese cakes :)
Kitty chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
Omg; i can so agree with you on this one; but like instead of clicking every story and reading what the best one is; i just read the one with the most reviews )

Saves me alot of time