Reviews for Insert Catchy Title Here
MsMyteriousJ chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
I've read your novels and I'm impressed. The nickname is used on my account which I only use to read. I'm a reader not a writer. If its alright with you, I'd like to put thi story on Wattpad with YOUR NAME on it and a link to your profile? You bring up points that readers everywhere need to know and by posting it on Wattpad I hope to do so. I'll have it under my account, but under YOUR name and explain how the story ISN'T mine. UNLESS you already have an account making this comment futile.
dream-beautiful chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
THANK YOU. Sometimes I just feel the need to inform someone how atrocious their writing is, but it's kind of hard to find a nice way of doing so. I suppose from now on I'll just link this as a review! :D
Guest chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
This was absolutely brilliant. Flat out.

Now, the only sad part is how I can almost guarantee that the people reading this are the ones who have gone over these very same rants time and again in their heads.

Kudos to the post! I really hope that it's helped out some struggling writers.
Simplegift96 chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
This sounds quite similar to what my English teacher always comments on whenever she hands back our short stories essay.. I'd like to think that simple mistakes such as "your" and "you're" or even "there", "their" and "they're" are, well, not made. Though, thanks for writing this. Often I'd forget about grammar and all that when I'm writing my stories.. So, yeah. Thanks :)
FreshmanWriting chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
I completely agree with E and F. Annoys me to no end.

Thanks for putting this up. Some people just don't get it. Another thing is when the character just states "hi, my name is insert name"

Ugh.
Shroudedshadow chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
I thank you for this lesson and I will take it into consideration.

Very funny by the way.
writersdream72 chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
I really respect your opinions here as a reader and a writer. I also hope that you are still here to read these. I write on this site and I'm curious if my stories meet your high standards because I'd like to become published someday. Please feel free to check out my writing anytime. Your advice would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Angel chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Hey! I totally agree with you here. It's great that someone finally pointed those things out. Actually, I opted not to read some stories because of the. Shame really, they looked like they had potential. On another note, your tips, or exhibits as you call them, are quite useful. I hope to improve my writing skills with those in mind. Thanks!
LetTheWordsFly chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
BEST. YOU ARE THE BEST. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Seriously, this was both hilarious and helpful for those writers out there with no sense of grammar. SO THANK YOU.
absentmindedprofessor chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Great essay! My favourite line was "d) There is no 'd'; this is solely here for my own amusement." :D Hilarious! These points are all relevant and extremely important to the well-being of the story. I agree with most of your points, but one (just one) I disagree with, not because of my personal opinion, but because of the kind of feedback I've gotten for it. "Thesaurus, your best friend" - in some cases, yes. However, when the same word is used in eighteen different ways, it becomes tedious, whether it is the same word or different words with the same meaning. Trust me. I've been verbally bashed for using a thesaurus. Just my two cents. :)
The Smile Machine chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
You missed so many other things wrong with the writing on this site. You have no idea how much I appreciated this.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
THIS.
11AG chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
You just earned a spot in my favorite authors list.
simplyunpublished chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
I just have to say...this made my day. It's nice to know that someone else gets as annoyed by these things as I do, and I really appreciate this rant. Thanks for taking the time to post it for everyone on FictionPress!
Aradia Cloud chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
I seriously love you.

DO YOU KNOW how often I complain about idiotic writing on this website? And then more idiots come and tell them how 'awesome' it is in their reviews. Friggin spare me the suck-up-like dramatics. I actually wrote a mini rant on wattpad called 'Crappy Effin Stories'.

And I am not one of those people who mince my words when it comes to reviewing. I appreciate a person who's honest so I do the same. Thank you for writing this and being honest.

And if you think THIS website is bad, you should check out wattpad.
285 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »