Reviews for Lies from the Ocean
Finwe chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
Wow. I've got to say, this is one of the most incredible things I've ever written. After I read it, I shared it with my husband, and he agrees. WOW. You've got amazing talent, and this was worded perfectly. If there's one thing I would do differently, it would be where you broke these lines apart... The waves pushed me onto the beach and I gasped like a trout out/of water, surprised that I was alive. It just feels like an awkward place to put a break. But overall, completely magnificent. Your use of the all-encompassing ocean portrayed a feeling of something so vast, and life-consuming; one of those things that, at the time, it seems as if there is no getting away from. And trust, once broken, is a hard thing to find again. I wish you well.

-Finwe .
LoveisAllthereIs chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
I know the feeling. It's weird because I don't consciously remember it, but this doubt is always in the back of my mind now.

That being said, I really enjoyed your poem, its very good, especially the symbolism and imagery.
Unknown Survivor chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
Very well done. I caught the meaning before I got to your author's note. I like how you compared that person to the ocean. Keep on the good work.

~Unknown Survivor~
CandleQueen chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
Yah, I thought it had a deeper meaning. I could tell it was from the heart. Very powerful personification, dear. And I feel for you.