Reviews for Sonnets in My Gym Bag
Guest chapter 34 . 5/3/2014
Great story.
loved it.
ErzaKnightwalker1376 chapter 33 . 2/28/2014
this... was an interesting and yet truly amazing story. i don't even know how to explain how this story made me feel because it evoked several emotions for me. there were times when i wanted to cry and others when i wanted to laugh. i don't read a lot of stories that are capable of doing that. it also made me wish i had what Travis and Juliana have... i can't wait to see where you go with this (and yes, i saw that you started a sequel).
KD Rye chapter 34 . 8/13/2013
(Sorry I didn't mean to post that yet mid sentence) what was I saying? Juls relationships with her mother and sister. They progressed so vastly and were a good example of Juls character growth throughout the story. You could literally measure her maturity level as the story progressed with those relationships. I love it when an author does this because the tactic is more showing than telling and well, that's what makes good literature. Sorry again for the two pieced review. Ill try to read the sequal soon. Keep writing!
KD Rye chapter 33 . 8/13/2013
Alright chica finally finished. Woo its been a ride with these too. I'm glad that you wrote a sequal because this doesn't strike me as finished and emotionally there's a lot left unresolved. I cant believe people stopped liking Travis. Personally I found myself in a love/hate relationship with Juls, but her narrative was extremely honest and so heartbreaking at some points that I couldn't blame her for screwing up so many times. If anything it became easier to relate to her. One of the things that I love most about your writing is the way that you portray the complexity of human emotions in your character's. Not only do they seem more real to the reader but also the situations are even more realistic. For example the relationship between Juls and her mother or between Jule and
KD Rye chapter 10 . 8/9/2013
So this is your first work of lesbian fiction! I love the title, it fits the piece brilliantly, and how erotic their lovemaking was in between sonnets. The pace is a little bit faster then secrets like acid which is fine since the narration is different. I have a hard time picturing Juls in my mind, but I really enjoy her voice. I appreciate her humor and her quirky awkwardness that beholds most lesbians. Again I have to say that I love the sonnets interwoven throughout this chapter. It is very beautiful.
CrimsonQuill07 chapter 34 . 12/19/2012
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story and I didn't even see the twist! There are a few mistakes here and there but all in all the writing is great. I love the family dynamic and best of all it feels real.
Hikaru Akihiro chapter 34 . 8/23/2012
I wholeheartedly believe this deserves to be published. A few minor spelling errors here and there. The humor was well done and didn't feel forced. Wish I could write this well.
MiNekoNeko chapter 33 . 4/14/2012
Wow this story is amazing, it deserves more reviews than it has.
SweetheartValentine chapter 34 . 10/8/2011
I loved this. Juliana made me laugh.
Hooligan chapter 33 . 8/23/2011
AMAZING! You did a great job. I LOVE this! I love Travis and Juliana.

Thanks so much :)
D chapter 13 . 6/25/2011
I normally do not review a story that has been completed until I finish it, but oh gosh, I love this chapter too much that I have to say something.

Love the therapy session between Juls and her mother. ahhh I can't put in words how I really feel about this chapter, but it certainly struck something in me. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
So, Isobel, I've just finished reading Sonnets and it's really an amazing story. I'd put all the specifics about what I hated and what I liked, but there is a lot of me nitpicking, and I'm sure its all things you've seen and thought of before.

I told you when I first started reading the story that I didn't like it, and I actually stopped reading it for a while. But honestly the story is amazing, and with editing here and there it could be even better.

The skill you've got for relationships and people, for human emotion, for plot, for romance, I'm convinced they were skills you were just born with. Even if this was your first story, still all the things that I love about how you write shine through for me.

You could get rid of that whole part of the beginning where you describe Everyone: all your characters are like real people, I can picture them through the dialogue.

Seriously, amazing, I'll shamelessly tell everyone I know to come and get aquainted with Juls and Travis. I'm trying to think of specific things that I loved.

The tension between them was so perfect, its that same kind that won't let me put down a great thriller, except this is romance. The happy ending is perfect, and I honestly feel like this was a true story about real people, people who changed and evolved. Like, this is the book in high school you read and your teacher says "Okay, what characters were static? Which were dynamic? What was the theme?" and all those questions that we hated as kids but that turn out to really matter as far as writing goes.

Well I better end it there. But certainly, Bravo! I'm off to read your other now!

~Adrian
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2010

~Adrian
Dianaartemis chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
Just wanted to say that I love this line )

"Well, technically speaking, I am the child of two people, as are most everybody, except Jesus, of course. So yes."
173 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »