Reviews for Seven
Kaia Zeffirelli chapter 5 . 1/31/2008
Great! I love this story- very interesting. You are doing a great job so far introducing each character. I love the way each point of view has a different style. It really adds to the characters. Can't wait to read more! )

flying drumsticks chapter 4 . 1/13/2008
I'm starting to see how everyone's lives are crossing paths. Keep up the great work!
Kaia Zeffirelli chapter 4 . 1/13/2008
Very nice, as usual! ) Love the comparison to a "shitty teenage MySpace profile!" That's great. Keep up the great work! I'm really liking this story a lot!
Kaia Zeffirelli chapter 3 . 1/12/2008
Aww... Poor Caitlyn...
Kaia Zeffirelli chapter 2 . 1/12/2008
I'm really liking this! ) You're doing very well at developing the characters. I really like James. Also, the way each character has a different style of narrating the story. It really helps in the developement. I can't wait to read the next chapter! )

flying drumsticks chapter 3 . 1/12/2008
Good chapter. What exactly is Caitlin in the hospital for though? I gather it's some sort of eating disorder, but you didn't really specify...
flying drumsticks chapter 2 . 1/12/2008
I really like this story so far. You have a few typos here and there, but then again, we all do. And I think the chapter music for this chapter fits PERFECTLY! Not to mention it's a great song, which compliments your great writing ;)
KnittingKneedle chapter 3 . 1/12/2008
First off, yay! Brit on Fiction press…I saw secondary school and got happy. Plus, how much do I love Patrick Wolf? An awful lot.

The premise of this story seems really interesting and I’ll be interested to see how this is going to be executed. However, I don’t know if seven characters isn’t too many, especially if you’re planning to look at them all. From what I’ve seen so far, character development is great- there’s a nice foundation there. But seven, I don’t know, might clog up the story and some might just fade into the background. It might be better to just concentrate on a few.

Speaking of which, I thought Annie seemed really cool- I’m intrigued to know what the issues were between school and sixth form. I like her inexperience at work, I’m exactly like her on the job and I expect it’s ten times worse in a hospital…she’s a very relatable, real person.

And James was just lovely, his matter-of-fact dealings with the cancer is refreshing and realistic but still very sad.

Caitlin didn’t seem like your average eating-disorder sufferer, she’s got a quiet sort of acceptance about her which was very sad as well.

Alyssa has intrigued me too. Is her chapter next?

Spelling and grammar seemed fine and dandy.

So far, the plot hasn’t really taken off but I’ll be interested to see where it goes.

Good Job!
bre22234 chapter 2 . 1/12/2008
Lovely story , I love the story line.

Hope that you update soon.
ryckhpae chapter 2 . 1/12/2008
Katrina Zeffirelli already pointed out the tense thingys, so I really don't have anything critique-y to say. I like this story-the characters are so far interesting, and you've done your research, if you say you have "slightly shabby medical knowledge" :P

I'm curious to see where this goes, and who else gets introduced. -
Kaia Zeffirelli chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
This is very good. I like it a lot and am interested to see where it's going. The only little thing I could find is that you tend to switch back and forth from past tense to present, but that's not a big deal and will improve over time. Can't wait for the next chapter- this is very well-written.