Reviews for The Nature of Good and Evil
Stitch-Puppy chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
This is... strange.

I suppose I have heard that argument before, but I would also like to share with you that not all people think that way.

Good and Evil? Well ok that is what you think but that is a very black and white way of putting it. Since obviously, I can think of nothing that is evil. Or good.

"As Jesus said, to hate in your heart is to kill with your hands."

That is not a good quote- I can think of quite a few reasons to kill. And hate would have nothing to do with them. Just ask the Donner Party.
Le Creature chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
The sheer volume of problems I have with this essay cannot be summarized in a single review. The formatting would probaby collapse after the third paragraph. If you want a detailed response, feel free to start a topic at the forum "The Land of Flames" in the essay section, . But in short, a review: "This essay is so full of holes it couldn't hold a boulder, let alone water. Is it even an essay, or is it a list of poorly conceived definitions and poorly chosen metaphors? The subject is debateable."
El Jef chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
That was quite nice. I don't believe it at all, but you did make a lot of good points. The main problem I have with it is that, while darkness is an absence of light, evil is not an absence of good. When light is not present, there is just naturally darkness because of light's absence. But when someone is not doing good, that doesn't at all mean that they're doing evil. In any given situation, there is often a blatantly kind choice, a blatantly evil choice, and then many choices that vary between those two. An absence of good, in my opinion, would more or less be apathy; not making any choice and letting the situation just blow past you. While making an evil choice would be the opposite of making a good choice. So as follows, good is the opposite of evil.

I'm an atheist, but I'm not one of those asshole atheists who hates all religion and refuses to listen to others arguments. But you said that god is good, while we have no one to blame for evil but ourselves. I don't like the concept of taking the blame for whenever we mess up, but then when we do something good we give the credit to god. Call me greedy or whatever, but I think we should claim responsibility for all actions, not just the evil ones.